9 R&B Songs That Will Speak To Your Broken Soul
Music

Grab your headphones and listen to these sad bangers.

3340

None of us are immune to the pain of a breakup. Sometimes all you want to do is sit in a dark room and listen to music that matches the depressing vibe. Breakups are the worst, but the right playlist makes them a little bit easier. So, grab your headphones and listen to these sad bangers.

1. "Easy" by Ella Mai

Everyone has heard Ella's popular songs like "Trip" and "Booed Up." But, if you keep listening to Ella Mai albums, I think you'll make the same conclusion that I did: "Easy" is the best post-breakup song. The song's all about how love is easy and how complicated we make it. It's been on repeat for maybe too long now. If you and your ex-significant other broke up over an issue that you felt like maybe could've been resolved this needs to be your go-to song.

2. "So Sick" by Ne-Yo

This song is the ultimate break up anthem. If you don't know this song, you're most likely a breakup rookie. You can sing this one aggressively or through tears, but either way, its only right to belt it at the top of your lungs. Ne-Yo said it best when he said, "Leave me alone, you stupid love songs..." This might be an upgrade from an outdated Taylor Swift album about love.

3. "Exchange" by Bryson Tiller

The vocals and Bryson Tiller's voice are enough to wreck anyone. Relationship or not, Exchange will put you in all the feels you didn't know you had. Tiller talks about wanting his girl back after knowing he didn't treat her as well as he could.

4. "End of the Road" by Boyz II Men

C'mon? Seriously, Boyz II Men can do no wrong. Their voices could not fit any better with the music. The lyrics are more relatable than any other song on this playlist. And they even add a little oration in the middle of the song. I'll be the first to admit it. I've shed some big fat tears to this one.

5. "So Cold" by Chris Brown

Piano keys will really drop you into all your feelings. Chris Brown's falsetto notes might have you reaching for your phone to text your ex so proceed with caution. Don't forget there is a reason why your ex is your ex. If you can listen to this song on repeat a few times without crawling back to your last relationship you are winning!

6. "Close" by Ella Mai

These lyrics are major tear jerkers. You already know about Ella's vocals so this song really needs no introduction.

7. "Self-Control" by Frank Ocean

If you have to know where ever heartbreak is, Frank Ocean is not far. His voice is perfectly haunting and this song captures that best. "Some nights you dance with tears in your eyes. I came to visit cause you treat me like a UFO." One train ticket to Emotion Station, please.

8. "Call Out My Name" by The Weeknd

The Weeknd's latest album, My Dear Melancholy, is a darker style of Abel's last few failed relationships. That means some things he sings might hit home with you. Even the Billboards called this song "tormenting" and they've seen it all.

9. "Thinkin' About You" by Frank Ocean

It only makes sense to finish out the playlist with some more Frank Ocean. This song you can rock with weeks after a breakup. It's a little more upbeat than the other songs. If what you're searching for is a song to reminisce on the good times too, this is it, chief.

If this matched your mood perfectly, Apple Music has a wide variety of R&B breakup playlists by people who are in the same boat. Spotify's stations are hit or miss, but if it hits you can expect some of these songs on there.