A Definitive Ranking Of My Favorite Workout Brands

Squat proof leggings or bust.

677
Instagram @balanceathleta

Heyyyoooooo it's your fit girl Hales again dropping in with her weekly Odyssey article! I am already feeling super overwhelmed with school starting back up again, sigh. But my favorite stress reliever? Working out of course! I am the queen of structure and I'm super excited to be back into my semester routine. Let's just say I wasn't getting up to go to the gym every morning at 6 am over Christmas break. In fact, I was doing the opposite… lots of ham and pie. Oops. Balance!

This week I will let you in on my top seven workout brands in order. I am all about randomness to provide less discrimination, but nothing is worse than a saggy pair of leggings or a see-through sports bra, so these are definitely ranked.

1. Lululemon

https://www.instagram.com/lululemon/

Honestly no surprise here. Lulu's quality is unmatched! A thousand percent squat proof leggings and supportive bras. I prefer their â…ž train times pants because they are nice and stiff/sturdy for lifting. I just got my first pair of align leggings and man, oh man they are the comfiest thing in the world. Butter. Not as sturdy but more stretchy.

Cons: the price. That's literally it.

2. Balance Athletica

https://www.instagram.com/balanceathletica/

Huge shout out to balance. I love them and everything that they stand for. Fitness and health is not a sprint or a fix, it's a lifetime process and that can only be achieved through balance or you'll go insane! They have the best workout sets in the world, and I feel amazing in them. Lulu's train times pants are thicker so I think I still prefer those, but their sports bras are untouchable. Definitely the best, most supportive, and compressing top in the world. I cannot recommend it enough. Mad bonus points because their leggings are squat proof. comparable to aligns.

Cons: they sell out super fast because each launch is one of a kind!

3. Aerie

https://www.instagram.com/aerie/

let's not pass up these quality leggings!!! they are flattering and don't sag, which is important and wonderfully surprising coming from a brand that's not really an athletic brand. I own three pairs of their move leggings, all of which i got at least 50% off. they always put stuff on clearance, never pay full price for anything. their real bras are my fave, sports bras, not so much.

cons: a little on the thinner side, perfect for summer though

4. Kiava

https://www.instagram.com/kiavaclothing/

Cute. That's all I have to say about that. This is my mom's favorite workout brand and she looks hot in their leggings! Unfortunately, she let me try on a pair and now I want a pair of Kiava leggings for myself. They have that buttery feeling that every girl longs for. Their sports bras are super supportive and definitely worth showing off, they offer a bunch of flattering designs!

Cons: little to no sale items.

5. Forever 21

https://www.instagram.com/forever21/

hello, affordable price! forever 21 sports bras are a new fave of mine. their leggings are terrible though, so don't waste your time on trying to find a set. Their long line sports bras have a built in padded sports bra and continue down to about my belly button so i can rock them without having to throw a tank on over it. super cute and cheap. maybe not the best for full on cardio, but they make a pretty frequent appearance to my weight lifting sessions.

cons: sizing is make for stick people. I need a large.

6. Nike

https://www.instagram.com/nikewomen/

I am not the biggest Nike fan, but I do like their sports bras and I love their shoes. The bras compress and don't have straps that pinch or rub. You can definitely get better workout leggings elsewhere. The bottom rim is trimmed in a softer fabric to keep everything in and keep your sweat from dripping which I certainly need since I sweat like a pig. Nike is also the type of running shoes I have, and have had for quite some time. They are light and thin, and I can count on them every time.

Cons: overhyped. Their leggings do not stand the test of time.

7. 90 Degree by Reflex

https://www.instagram.com/90degreebyreflex/

Your best option for a cheap fix. I've gotten 90 degree leggings at TJ Maxx/Marshall's for as little as 15 dollars. They also have unique sports bras and workout tanks I've seen and purchased there as well. my FAVE workout jacket is also 90 degree, gotta love thumb holes!!! Not the highest quality, but will get the job done. I would recommend sizing down for true compression, I need an xs in their leggings.

Cons: light colors are not squat proof. Yikes.

Invest and hit the gym ladies (& gents)! Let's be honest, everyone works out better when they feel like they look better! Throwing on your favorite workout outfit is one of the simplest forms of motivation! The only workout you'll regret is the one you didn't do and the only health you're in charge of is yours! #health #balance