Ranking all the PPVs of 2016

Ranking all the PPVs of 2016

There were quite a few good ones here.

20
Ranking all the PPVs of 2016
https://yt3.ggpht.com/-5PUl_QbabAQ/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/MbgCFPQeJrQ/s900-c-k-no-mo-rj-c0xffffff/photo.jpg

Well a new year has come and gone and with it 15 different PPVS and 1 live event. Thats a whole lot to count and rank so for the interest of time I will redirect you to my previous list that I did earlier in the year. I'll only be commenting on the new ones or ones I previously ranked but updated with new information.

My previous list: https://www.theodysseyonline.com/ranking-the-wwe-p...

Number 16: Fastlane (February)

Number 15: WWE Roadblock (March)

Number 14: Payback (May)

Number 13: Battleground (July)

Number 12: Summerslam (August)

This PPV was just a whole heaping of dumb. Sure the match between Seth Rollins and Finn Balor was great, and there was a legit match of the year candidate between AJ Styles and John Cena, but the rest of the card I either didn't care about or ended dumb. 3 meaningless preshow matches, a main event that ends with shoot elbows to the head ending in TKO and Jon Stewart ruins another match two years in a row.

Number 11: Wrestlemania 32 (April).

Number 10: Extreme Rules (May).

Number 9: Clash of Champions (September)

Clash of Champions felt like a show I didn't care about and paid off in some way or another. It was about this time I actually started caring about Roman Reigns after they dropped the "Hes an underdog" by having him brutalize Rusev. Also, Cesaro vs Sheamus is one of the best matches I've seen from either of the two men and it led to us getting the, as a tag team. So that's nice.

Number 8: Roadblock End of the Line (December).

Most of this card sucked especially the Womens iron man match but I was so happy to see Cesaro and Sheamus finally end New Days record breaking reign. That's all there really is to it, I just loved watching the New Day finally stop being champs.

Number 7: Hell In a Cell (October).

The quality of the matches were varied in this PPV. I liked watching Roman and Rusev go at it for the US Belt and I loved watching Chris Jericho interfer in Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens match but other than that I was annoyed at the quality (or lack thereof) in the Womans main event.

Number 6 and 5: No Mercy and TLC (October and December).

I'm lumping these two together because they were both overall good pay-per-views, but both had a match that stood out. For No Mercy it was nice to see Dolph Ziggler have a pay off to putting his career on the line and succeed at getting the intercontinental championship from The Miz. For TLC, Dean Ambrose and AJ Styles put on one of the best TLC matches I've seen in a long time.

Number 4: Money in the Bank (June).

Number 3: Backlash (September).

I got to watch Heath Slater and Rhyno become new tag team champions for Smackdown Live, Becky Lynch become new Womens Champion also for Smackdown Live and AJ styles, Mr TNA. became the WWE World Heavy Weight Champion. That is unbelievable to see in 2016.

Number 2: Royal Rumble (January)

Yeah it got knocked off Number 1 I didn't think it would happen either.

Number 1: Survivor Series (November).

All year I thought I was gonna say that the Royal Rumble match was the best PPV put out by WWE but I was wrong. I loved Survivor Series. All of the matches were entertaining to some degree. I was on the edge of my seat for the Mens 5 on 5 match and the storytelling in the Tag match as well as the Mens match were amazing. Finally I saw one of my favorite wrestlers, Goldberg crush Brock Lesnar in 1:26 seconds of a main event. Truly a spectacle to behold.