A Ranking Of The 10 Saddest Deaths In "Harry Potter"

Sorry in advance for the sad trip down memory lane.

336
金妮·丫丫

Recently, I made the smart decision to have a Harry Potter movie marathon. Harry Potter has always had a special place in my heart from the books that I read with my dad as a child, to the movies I started watching. I remember the 3rd one being the first one I ever watched, and I was wishing I had more of them to keep going. Now, I own them all and I can actually have a marathon and this weekend I was a kid again. Now, Harry Potter is not the happiest of a series. Lots of loved characters become victims of Lord Voldemort's evil ways. I have to admit, there were a few characters that made me shed a tear when they passed, so here is a ranking of the 10 saddest Harry Potter deaths in order. Spoilers ahead!!!!!

1. Dobby

Ok, Dobby wanted nothing more in life than to be a free elf and that he was. Dobby was there from the beginning back when he was just a mere house elf for the Malfoys. By the end, he had gained so much courage and wit. He was so dedicated to Harry and when he died, he was so happy to just be there in a "beautiful place" with his friends. Dobby was just so cute and friendly. He was a strong independent elf who don't need no owner!

2. Severus Snape

Yeah, this one hurt a lot, if not the most. Snape was so in love with Lily that he did EVERYTHING in his power to protect Harry. I mean come on, his Patronus is the same as hers! Even up until the very end, he never stopped loving Lily and protected Harry from anything making sure he was safe. He was made out at first to be such a horrible person, and you couldn't help but root against him. Not until the very end do you realize what a thankless person he truly was. It makes going through the series again so much more emotional.

3. Dumbledore

OK J.K. ROWLING, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO KILL OFF GRANDPA DUMBLEDORE!!! Dumbledore was such a curious man and wanted nothing but the best for everyone at Hogwarts, especially Harry. He knew exactly what needed to be done in order to destroy Voldemort, but he let Harry do it on his own. Dumbledore risked it all for everyone and he is just so cute, how could you not think of him as Grandpa Albus?

4. Sirus Black

My biggest complaint is that our time with Sirus was just too short. Sirus was such a complex character. Throughout "The Order of the Pheonix" we are able to see much more about who he is and where he came from. Him being Harry's godfather, he loved him as his own and protected him as much as he could, even risking being found just to be there for Harry.

5. Remus Lupin

Alright, I can't be the only one that really liked Lupin a lot, right? He was very misunderstood given the fact that he is also a werewolf, but he was also one of the most gentle characters. He taught his students how to protect and defend themselves against dark magic, and watched over his good friend, James' son.

6. Fred Weasley

How could you kill off one half of the most amazing duo out there?!? They were genius masterminds and always had the most clever ways to get around doing things. Poor George only has one ear now and is now without his other half. I can't even imagine a bond like that being broken.

7. Lily and James Potter

While yes, the did die before the series truly begins, you really do have to mourn their passing. They were two amazing wizards that were so in love with each other and the life that they had just merely begun with Harry. They just happened to be the unfortunate family that Voldemort chose from the prophecy. And if it weren't for Lily's heroics, we never would have even met Harry to begin with.

8. Cedric Diggory

I admit that I am a bit biased on this one because Cedric is also Edward Cullen...BUT nevertheless, his death was pretty painful. He was a very humble guy who always wanted to make his dad proud and happy. Even at the end, he came back as a spirit to tell Harry to bring his body back for his fathers' sake. It was just another one of the many innocent lives that were lost simply by being in the wrong place at the right time.

9. Nymphadora Tonks

I love Tonks and how quirky she is. She was always so spunky and carefree, and I wish that her character could have been developed more. I feel bad for her son because now he is Harry 2.0 by having both parents killed by Voldemort and being on his own to grow up from childhood. Hopefully, he will always remember the heroes that Tonks and Lupin were.

10. Hedwig

This one was just unnecessary. Poor Hedwig was such a good and loyal owl to Harry. He never did anything or could even begin to do anything that would bring about his death in the way it was. He was sticking by Harry's side as they were fleeing and some jerk decided he was in the way.