Random Thoughts From A Girl Suffering From Writer's Block, Yet Again
Life Stages

Still haven't figured out how to get past it after all this time.

761

Earlier this year, I wrote about my random thoughts because I had writer's block.

Sadly, I face that same situation again and rather than work through my writer's block to actually come up with a somewhat substantial article, I am going to word vomit and see where that takes me. Again.

Why are internship applications due so early?

Please explain to me why an application for an internship is due over six months before the actual internship.

And yes, I get that selecting applicants is a long process, especially if you have a ton of applicants, but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't take half a year to decide, right?

But what do I know? I'm mostly complaining about this because I have an application due soon and really don't want to write a cover letter for it, but of course, I will eventually because I need an internship.

Still annoyed though.

The absolute worst feeling in the world is having wet shoes and socks.

It has been raining on and off this past week and I made the mistake of wearing sneakers on a day that had an 80% chance of rain.

I was walking into my second class of the day, and all of the sudden, the sky decided to just start going mad and pour down rain.

To say my shoes were soaked is probably an understatement.

So yeah, rain-boots are pretty awesome, and you best believe I will be wearing them even if there is a slight chance of rain just to avoid the feeling of wet shoes and socks.

Why have the laundry prices gone up?

Today is Friday, so I'm thinking about what I have to do this weekend and I suddenly remember that I have to do laundry.

Now, I don't particularly like doing laundry because it takes so much time and going back and forth from my room to the laundry room is not ideal. I also have a somewhat irrational fear of people taking my clothes so yeah, not the greatest.

However, to make matters worse, the school decided to jack up the price of laundry this year.

I now spend $10 a week doing laundry which is crazy.

I just don't get it.

This change in price wasn't even announced to the students. Maybe they were hoping no one would notice, but I sure as hell did.

It's pretty absurd that they would increase costs on something like laundry because this will probably deter people from doing laundry and there are some people out there who actually need to do their laundry.

I understand increasing tuition or food prices because of inflation and such, but increasing the price of laundry is pretty low.

The cockroaches in the CS lounge and the bathrooms nearby.

I'm trying to write this article in the CS lounge right now and since my mind can't seem to focus on anything, naturally I'm looking around the room and while I'm scanning, what do I see? A lovely cockroach just chilling on the ceiling.

OK so yeah, McBryde is old and the CS lounge is basically like a dungeon, but can we please get an exterminator in here?

Cockroaches are on the ground, the ceiling, fucking everywhere.

Don't even get me started on the bathrooms. Now, I can't say anything about the boy's bathroom, because I've never been in there, but the girl's bathroom is disgusting.

There are bug traps scattered around the sides of the bathroom with a shit ton of ants and cockroaches stuck on them. At this point, you might be thinking, "Devon are you an idiot? People are addressing the problem. They are setting up traps and the traps are killing the bugs, duh."

Well, first of all, I'm pretty sure the traps get replaced once a month if even that. Also, I've seen cockroaches unstick themselves from the traps and scurry off, so there goes that solution.

All I want is the ability to pee in peace without hearing girls scream every time they see a cockroach or seeing one myself.

Is that too much to ask for? I really don't think so.

You know what, I will even put some of my own money down to hire an exterminator. Actually, scratch that, I'm broke.

Guess I'll be starting a GoFundMe. I appreciate donations of all sizes.