Raising a dog before raising a child
Nature Animals

Before I Ever Have Kids With My Husband We Are Getting A Dog

Forget baby fever, I'm ready to have puppy fever.

106

I have been thinking of names for my future children since forever and I know I'm not the only person who has. We plan out every detail of our futures since a young age, such as me, an eighteen-year-old girl who has had her wedding planned multiple times since the age of nine. (Shout out to Pic Collage for helping me collage my wedding details!) However, what I cannot plan is a perfect husband, even though I tried to plan him out when I was eleven m. While I may have planned him to look and talk like Zayn Malik at the time, I did not plan on what kind of father he would be. No one really knows what kind of parent they will because it is something you cannot plan as much you'd like to.

No one is ready to be a parent but there are ways to help you feel a little ready. I have seen it on Twitter where many have tweeted that they wish to raise a dog with their significant other before having a child. Having a dog is basically the same as a child, besides the middle of the night crying of course. If you can raise a dog with someone else it shows responsibility between you two and teamwork, which are key to raising a child. You'll face your first task of making a decision together which is picking a dog together. From there the caretaking begins and the dog becomes a child of yours.

Having someone depending on you is far different from you depending on yourself. Owning a dog with someone who isn't your mom is quite different because let she honest, mom did everything such as set up vet appointments and buy the dog food. Now that you and your partner have a dog to take care of you both need to be on top of each other to make sure the vet appointments are being made and the dog food Ian being bought. And not just any dog food, because you want to make sure your dog is eating the best and getting his/her nutrients. You also need to train your dog and make sure that they know not to eat your slippers.

It seems simple really and fun and I'm sure it is fun but it is also stressful in its own ways. Which is why I want to start my family with a dog before deciding to start one with little babies. We need to see where our priorities are set and how our parenting instincts will kick in. Yes, it won't be the same as a child but it is a start to knowing the responsibility in a relationship when you both are in charge of someone, such as a beautiful dog.