The Colors Of The Rainbow Ranked From Best To Worst
Beauty Fashion

"Color is a power which directly influences the soul." – Wassily Kandinsky

5791
Personal Photo
Personal Photo

The colors of the rainbow are found everywhere; in products at the store, clothing, and even in signs on the roads. Some colors stand out more than others but all in all, each and every one is there for a purpose. That purpose is most likely to grab your attention and make you notice one thing or another. All colors are great but some of them are better than others and here's why.

Purple

This was my favorite color, once upon a time. It was also my mom's favorite color. The color purple rarely appears in nature which makes it precious and exquisite. Purple has historically been associated with wealth and royalty but also represents creativity, wisdom, and independence. Given its rarity, seeing something purple makes it special.

Green

This is my favorite color now because it represents nature and all that lies in the great outdoors. The color green is everywhere; it represents life and growth. Green is soothing and relaxing while also bringing a sense of hope and adventure. It embodies me in a variety of aspects. I love adventure and am always looking to nature to bring a source of light to my life.

Blue

Another great color that can be seen every time you walk out the door and look up at the sky. Although blue usually symbolizes sadness, it also represents trust, stability, and intelligence. It is calming and tranquil in nature. What's better than watching the waves of the ocean?

Red

The color of blood and fire; representing both love and anger. Red is powerful and courageous while also being destructive and aggressive. It catches attention quickly and easily to help alert people to danger.

Yellow

The color of sunshine and happiness. Yellow represents energy, optimism, and joy. It is spontaneous and unstable while also being bright and attention-grabbing, but only when paired with a darker color.

Orange

Orange is a mix of colors rather than standing strong on its own. This color represents warmth and compassion, but it really just helps aid other colors rather than creating a name for itself. Orange reminds me of Halloween and pumpkins, but not much else.

Indigo

What even is indigo? This is such an irrelevant color which is why it falls on the end of my list. The only reason I know this color exists is because of ROYGBIV- red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. Without that, it would be a mystery; there would be no recognition behind the word.