With everything going on right now from the pandemic, to riots, racism; the world seems to be going bluntly crazy and it's scary. I know reading quotes helps me as cheesy as that sounds but they truly give me hope. Here are 10 quotes about peace, love, kindness, and hope that I hope will guide you in finding peace within yourself and the world.
1. "My hope still is to leave the world a bit better than when I got here." - Jim Henson
Quote is plain and simple; leave the world a better place then when you found it so other people can enjoy it.
2. "Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness." -Desmond Tutu
Despite all of the craziness and scary things going on in the world right now like the riots and the pandemic, and as super cheesy as this sounds, if you can find something positive - hold on to it; it will take you a long way until the darkness in your life ends.
3. “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” —Dalai Lama
Do not let what others do to you or the things in the world destroy the peace you have within yourself. You can be mad, sad, angry, etc. but do not become abusive, unkind rude, etc. to others; remember the peace inside of you and bring that peace to others.
4. “But what are loyalty and caring really worth?""To me? Everything.”― Richelle Mead, The Golden Lily
Caring about someone and being loyal to someone you care about will not only help you feel good but that person feel good; inclusion no matter what race, gender, size, etc. someone is is a wonderful thing to feel and give.
5. “Kindness is free; let's pass it on”. Unknown.
If you don't have anything nice to say at all, don't say anything; remember this saying too?
6. “You should feel beautiful and you should feel safe. What you surround yourself with should bring you peace of mind and peace of spirit.” —Stacy London
It is scary not feeling safe especially with the riots, brutality, and COVID-19. How can we be comfortable if we are not safe? i can we walk the streets if we are not safe? Peace is needed; spread it 24/7.
7. Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. -Franklin D. Roosevelt
We don't have to be mean for any reason to get something across; just be nice or walk away if you can. Peaceful protest, peaceful talks, peaceful agreements - peace is better than fighting.
8.“They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.”― Tom Bodett
Loving someone, doing things, having positive hope = happiness
9. "Let go of the thoughts that don’t make you strong." —Karen Salmansohn
Negative thoughts do nothing for you - think positively. Easier said than done but it doesn't help to beat yourself up about things either.
10. “We love the things we love for what they are.” ― Robert Frost
Can't we just love unconditionally?
We all need to stay strong, smart, and be kind to ourselves and others during these difficult and trying times. Remember everyone is fighting a battle you may not know about and are fighting a battle in front of our own eyes. We need to be hopeful that things will get better, kind to others, be peaceful within ourselves and in this world, and learn to love someone for who they are; this is how the world can become a better place and I truly hope these quote help you feel better even if it is just a little bit.