Quotes That Should Make You Want To Be Like Jackie Kennedy

And why she is actually a good role model

1634
Buzzfeed

As the 35th First Lady of the United States and the wife of President John F. Kennedy, Jacqueline "Jackie" Kennedy had high standards to live by. As a woman of strength and courage, she leapt on top of her dying husband to shield him from getting shot again during his assassination in Dallas. She was a woman of grace and beauty during her lifetime. But there are 5 specific quotes by her that would make any lady want to be like her.

"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do matters very much."

What she meant by this was if you fail to actually raise your children, nothing else you do matters. As a woman, it is your responsibility to raise your own children first and foremost. She clearly shows how much she adores her own children.

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all."

Just like the first quote, she shows that she truly cares for children. I think that is part of what made her a great First Lady: her caring demeanor towards the growing education for children in her country. She instilled morals into her children that taught how much she valued intelligence.

"I am a woman above anything else."

I think this shows strength. In a time where women were suppose to be housewives and mothers, she showed us why we are empowered as women.

"I want to live my life, not record it."

It was more important to her to actually live her life and enjoy it than worry about capturing every moment. I think that is something we all should live by.

"You are about to have your first experience with a Greek lunch. I will kill you if you pretend to like it."

She was real. How many "celebrities" can you say actually seem attainable? This quote really showed that she wanted people to treat her like a real person and not by her celebrity status.

"Pearls are always appropriate."

She was and still is a fashion icon. With her pillbox hats and adorable dresses, everyone wanted to look like her. Even now, people (including myself) look up to her as a fashion icon.

A lady of grace, beauty, and intelligence should be an icon for every woman who wishes to be successful, and Jackie Kennedy happens to be one of those ladies.