Unrequited Love Quotes

10 relatable Quotes for When Your Love Is Unrequited

By far, the worst kind of love there is.

306
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIe0RyDPYOg
Odyssey

For those who fall victim to your love for someone being unreciprocated, you could tie in the feelings of its outcome with those of a breakup. Putting all of your affection and emotions towards another human, and not getting the same amount back? Or being completely told off? Heartbreak at its finest. I know from personal experience.

If, at any point, you've dealt with unrequited love, or if it's a battle you're currently fighting head-to-head with, here are 10 quotes that provide something to painfully relate to, and/or hopefully ease the pain.

1. "I knew he didn't love me, but I adored him anyway."

A simple, yet profound statement.

2. "Never let the silence convince you that my love for you has quieted. It is screaming your name, if only you listened."

Just because I don't contact you as frequently, letting you live your life, doesn't mean I don't care for you any less.

3. "It's so much easier to act like none of this matters and to pretend to wear a smile, than to confess my heart is nearly broken from losing someone who was never even mine."

It's hard to hold onto someone or something you love, especially when they begin to float away wherever life takes them.

4. "Sometimes, the best way to stay close to someone you love is by just being friends, even if it hurts."

Even if what you crave is something more, you may have to settle for the very least to feel happy.

5. "You were never supposed to mean this much to me; I was never supposed to fall so hard. But you know what? I did and that's the truth, that's what keeps me holding on because it hurts like hell to let you go."

Three years ago, i couldn't imagine this "crush" evolving into something greater. It's nearly impossible to let go of the first person you absolutely adored with all your heart.

6. "Because nothing hurts more than knowing if the world were ending in five minutes, I would call you to tell you I love you, but the line would be busy because you'd be on the phone with someone else."

I'll never be a number one priority, and that's the sad truth.

7. "It's painful, loving someone from afar. Watching them from the outside. The once familiar elements of their life reduced to nothing more than occasional mentions in conversations and faces changing in photographs. They exist to you now as nothing more than living proof that something can still hurt you, with no contact at all."

Many years down the line, as I continue to reminisce on what could/should have been, my love for you will still be there. Even after all that has changed, it will still hurt in a way that's indescribable.

8. "Loving you is the most beautiful thing I've ever done. Loving you is the most painful thing I've ever done. Knowing that you will be kissed by someone else, is like being immortal, when all you want to do is lay down and die."

Forcibly trying to ignore the pain doesn't always work.

9. "He was my only match. And though to him I was but a temporary flame, for me it was so much more. For me, the combination of us both star."

With two completely different intentions at heart, what else would you expect?

10. "I am a museum full of art, but you had your eyes shut."

You have ~no~ idea what you're missing out on.