16 Quotes About Long-Distance Love

16 Quotes About Long-Distance Love

Whether your loved one is six hours away or six thousand miles, enjoy these quotes about long-distance love.

1359
16 Quotes About Long-Distance Love
pinimg.com

If you've ever been in a long-distance relationship, you've probably had one (or multiple) person tell you how hard it's supposed to be. They pity you, and lament how difficult your relationship probably is. They feel sorry for you. But honestly, I don't guess I'd stay in a relationship where I felt sad all the time - why would I? No, while it's hard sometimes, the benefits outweigh the costs, because, at least for me, the distance is only temporary. So, whether your loved one is six hours away or six thousand miles, enjoy these quotes about long-distance love.

1. "Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall." - Doug Fetherling

2. "Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful; it's for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love." - Megan Daum

3. "Absence sharpens love. Presence strengthens it." - Thomas Fuller

4. "Love is missing someone when you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in the heart." - Kay Knudsen

5. "Waiting does not bother me, nor does the distance that is cropping up between us. All I want is a true commitment and to know that your heart will never change." - Unknown

6. "I don't cry because we've been separated by distance, and for a matter of years. Why? Because for as long as we share the same sky and breathe the same air, we're still together." - Donna Lynn Hope

7. "Remember how far you’ve come, not just how far you have to go. You are not where you want to be, but neither are you where you used to be." - Rick Warren

8. "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” - Helen Keller

9. "Distance never separates two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss." - Unknown

10. "I didn’t want to kiss you goodbye that was the trouble; I wanted to kiss you goodnight. And there’s a lot of difference." - Ernest Hemingway

11. “Sometimes you have to be apart from the people you love, but that doesn’t make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more.” - Nicholas Sparks

12. "I love no one but you, I have discovered, but you are far away and I am here alone. Then this is my life and maybe, however unlikely, I’ll find my way back there. Or maybe, one day, I’ll settle for second best. And on that same day, hell will freeze over, the sun will burn out and the stars will fall from the sky." - Lemony Snicket

13. "If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together… there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart… I’ll always be with you." - A.A. Milne

14. “Can miles truly separate you from friends? If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?” - Richard Bach

15. “ True love doesn’t mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes.” - Unknown

16. “ Just because things are not at their best right now does not mean that we should give up. Gold is tested in fire and something precious like love needs distance to be tested.” - Olga Peters