I happen to try to live by a pretty extensive code, a constitution if you will. I also believe that everyone should live by some sort of code, though it is important to keep an open mind and not make it too rigid, life is ever changing after all. Because I could not think of anything else to write this week, I decided to share a list of 10 quotes I try to live by and think everyone should hear at least once.
(P.S: I am going to do this whenever I run out of things to write. Unless of course you have a better idea?)
- "Happiness depends upon yourself." -Aristotle
- "He who is self-sufficient must either be a beast or a god."- also Aristotle
- "I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts." -John Locke
- "It is always in season for old men to learn." -Aeschylus
- "We are as indestructible as we believe ourselves to be." -John Green
- "In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." -Sun Tzu (pretty relevant given the circumstances right?)
- "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Theodore Seuss Geisel
- "What worries you, masters you." - John Locke (don't let it.)
- "Do you want to know who you are? Do not ask, act! Actions will delineate and define you." -Thomas Jefferson
- "The desire for a more positive experience is itself a negative experience, paradoxically the acceptance of one's negative experience is itself a positive experience." -Mark Manson (you guys should read "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F**k")
- Bonus quote: "Consider we are living and do not always have the opportunity to think about how we are feeling or what we are doing. Consider we are instead mindlessly living, accepting what we believe we cannot change, regardless of the meaning. However, we are not mindless because we are oblivious and we are not mindless because things have gone unseen. Consider that maybe, just maybe, we have simply grown tired of being aware. When one comes to this conclusion it is crucial to remember that consciousness, and the choices derived from it, is a God given privilege." - me :)
I hope at the very least these were felt. :) Keep on keeping on and STAY INSIDE! We are almost free!
Signed: An Extremely Talkative Introvert