Quotes to End 2017 Strong

Quotes to End 2017 Strong

I like to think that quotes come to us when we need them the most.

230
Quotes to End 2017 Strong

Every year, there are a handful quotes that I collect and that I share through my various social media accounts. I like to think that quotes come to us when we need them the most, but sometimes, I think that we need to willingly go looking for quotes and apply them to our lives. Here are ten quotes that I’ve found have helped me this year, and will continue to help me in the years to come. Here’s to ending 2017 strong.

1. "I want to live simply. I want to sit by the window when it rains and read books I'll never be tested on. I want to paint because I want to, not because I've got something to prove. I want to listen to my body, fall asleep when the moon is high and wake up slowly, with no place to rush off to. I want not to be governed by money or clocks or any of the artificial restraints that humanity imposes on itself. I just want to be, boundless and infinite." - Unknown

2. "There comes a day when you realize turning the page is the best feeling in the world - because you realize there's so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on." - Zayn Malik

3. “You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestation of your own blessings.” - Elizabeth Gilbert

4. “I tell people all the time that they should keep a journal, even if it’s just, ‘I had a terrible day today and I don’t want to talk about it, love Stevie,’ or ‘I dreamt last night…’ Even if it’s just three sentences because at the end of five or six days, you would have created a habit and you will find that over a month that you have a whole story growing. Whether it’s just for your own memories, so you can go back at an age, or if you are a writer or a singer, or some part of the creative business. You can be creative, anyone can be creative if they want to, you just have to want to.” – Stevie Nicks

5. “Practice, practice, practice. All is coming.” – Pattabhi Jois

6. “Self-care isn’t always oils and baths. Sometimes it is seeing who you are and giving yourself permission to be. It is setting boundaries and saying no. Self-love is knowing your worth and not having guilt about doing you.” –Simi Fromen

7. “When it’s time for you to love, you’re going to love. The same way when it’s time for you to hurt, you’re going to hurt. Your life is perfectly balanced. You will hurt and love when it is necessary. Nothing more. Nothing less.” – r.m. drake

8."You must be willing to set aside your negative notions about life, about hardships, about people, about things, about yourself. You must be willing to stop feeling sorry for yourself while looking at the world move around you. Get up and make something of yourself." - Jack Barakat

9. “I am building a house where the floor is made up of strength, where the walls are crafted of ambition, where the roof is a masterpiece of forgiveness. I am building myself.” – Noor Unnahar

10. "If it comes, let it. If it goes, let it." –Unknown