Quotes Every 20-something Needs To Hear

Quotes Every 20-something Needs To Hear

"The time in your twenties is a chance to really pursue your dreams."

63

As we fumble our way through college, and into life beyond that of dorms and late night library study sessions, we sometimes find ourselves stuck in a rut. We’re used to decisions being made for us, having time to spend time with friends and having little dance parties on a random Tuesday night. But once “the greatest years of our lives” are over, we’re thrust into a life bound with responsibilities and jobs. And thus, stress and depression can sometimes get the best of us. Sometime it’s the stress of our relationships and the fact that at 20, you’re still single. Don’t let your relationship status define your life, the decisions you make and the life you live.

So, if there are days that the bathroom floor isn't as comforting as you need it to be, pop up this article and read through the list of the quotes that all 20-somethigns need to remember, DAILY.

-“Be strong enough to stand alone, smart enough to know when you need help, and brave enough to ask for it.”

-“Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.”

-“You’ll end up real disappoint if you think people will do for you as you do for them. Not everyone has the same heart as you.”

-“Seek respect, not attention. It last longer.”

-“The one who falls and gets up is so much stronger than the one who never fell.”

-“Always stay humble and kind.”

-“There is no shame in making mistakes while trying to figure things out. The goal is to live a fulfilling life, not a perfect one.”

-“You are your only limit.”

-“Mistakes are proof you’re trying.”

-“Be thankful for what you are now, and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow.”

-“Good things take time.”

-“When you focus on problems, you’ll have more problems. When you focus on possibilities you’ll have more opportunities.”

-“No matter the situation, never let your emotions overpower your intelligence.”

-“Say yes to adventure.”

The key is just to choose to live. Life gets the best of us, boys dull our shine and sometimes the coffee cup become empty. Just make sure you choose to refill it. Never let the challenges become the reasons you can’t succeed and become the best you you can. I know it’s hard, trust me, if it weren’t for a cup of coffee four times a day, I probably wouldn’t leave my bed. But somehow, a quote a day, a karaoke session to “Closer” by the Chainsmokers in the shower and a call to my mom usually have the power to get me motivated to drag myself to class.

Let life alter you for the better. Keep dating. Keep staying up late with the people that make life a little more fun. Keep calling your best friend and asking why she loves you, because sometimes you need the reassurance that you mean something, and that’s fine. Keep finding yourself. Keep loving yourself.