Don't Let Quitting Become a Habit Just Because You're Scared To Fail

I mean come on, who can do you better than you?

283

Recently, more and more I continue to hear some strange things from people. "OMG, did you hear what Stacy said about Bob?". Not really that, but what strikes me the deepest in my heart, is people's lack of self-confidence. I mean come on, who can do you better than you?

In this day of age, media often plays a huge role in many of our lives: live events, news, entertainment, knowledge, etc, the list could go on forever. Media is on our good side, however, many times before, media has played tricks on us all that occasionally make us doubt ourselves.

Bob is mad that Stacey got a promotion over him so he left and quit his job. Feeling that he had done something wrong. His boss was around the corner to offer him a higher position. But he quit.

Margaret failed her first chemistry midterm so she stopped going to class. I mean since you fail once you'll fail them all, right? A tutor was available to help her pass with flying colors in the future. But she quit.

Maddy didn't make it on American Idol so she never sang again and threw her dream away forever. Yeah Maddy, you keep that cashier job. I guess it's okay, right? But she quit.

Too often I hear discouraging things spoke into the world. Doubt in themselves, doubt in the process called life, and doubt that what they work for, isn't worth it. There's a certain drive in us all that makes us get up in the morning and say, "time to achieve life." We take life by its shoulders, we shake it senselessly, and we conquer it.

So why does it seem like so many people are so discouraged? Afraid? Confused? Distressed?

Too scared someone will do better.

Too scared your vision is wrong.

Too scared you won't succeed.

Too scared you'll do it wrong.

Too scared you'll fail again.

Too scared to take the risk.

Too scared it's not enough.

Too scared.

The point is, when will we all stop making excuses for ourselves and do the things we wish to do? Yes, it may seem that some people have it better or worse than others but all the time we waste comparing ourselves to each other, mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, socially, and educationally; we could be achieving our goals and continue to rise.

Eh, we'd rather quit when trouble arises than to keep pushing forward.

We are wasting time and only delaying what we all want to do in life, to achieve our goals, morals, and challenges throughout life. We are all in this together. Life should be no competition. Nothing in life should stop you from what you want to do.

Like said before, someone will always be better at something than you are. There are two choices that you can make: push yourself for you and nobody else or give up and not try again. I wish that people would have more confidence in themselves. Often great opportunities are lost because we are always so quick to quit. If we stick through our choices, our opportunities, our dreams, our goals, maybe we would stop blaming others and ourselves and stop coming up with excuses to not do what you know you should be doing.

Quitting only makes you miss out on opportunities that otherwise could have been a success or a reason to try again.

So, the next time you feel like quitting, remember this article or anything else that motivates you, to be the best you.