Quiet People Problems
Health Wellness

6 Types Of Every Soft-Spoken Person You'll Relate To

As someone with a naturally quiet voice, people don't always hear me.

11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpaPF4BSjIw

You know that girl from Pitch Perfect who you never really knew her name, but you laughed at her because she didn't know how to speak up and use her voice? Yeah, I'm that girl. Except I don't say the really weird things that she does.

I'm not a quiet person. I just was born with a quieter voice. With five brothers, you would think that I've grown to make my voice louder, but not always. Here are just some of the struggles that I deal with on a daily basis.

1. The Invisible Ones

Mom: *knocks on bedroom door* "Johanna!"

Me: "Yes."

Mom: "Johanna, where are you?"

Me: "I'm in the living room."

Mom: *calls dad* "Honey, I can't find Johanna. Is she still asleep?"

Me: *gets up and walks ten feet to mom* "Mom, I'm right here."

Mom: "Johanna, I've been calling your name for ages! Why didn't you answer me?"

Me: *sighs internally* "I did answer you."

Side note: This exact conversation took place five minutes ago.

2. Those Who Take Credit

Do you ever have those really great ideas or answers in class and you shout it to the teacher and no one else is talking, but yet no one hears you except for the person sitting right next to you? And then, after you've said it like four times and no one else notices, you decide to give up? Wait, but this is the best part. Then, someone else stands up and says the EXACT same thing once and immediately gains everyone's attention and love.

Yeah, me neither.

3. The Underrated Ones

These are the type of people who are secretly super funny, but no one ever hears their jokes. They're usually overlooked, but can be the funniest person in the room.

4. The Angry Ones

They have to repeat everything they say, which gets annoying fast, they also probably have a temper and may attend anger management classes in their free time. Therefore, you should probably either pretend like you do know what they said or just run away fast before they rant to you about how no one understands them.

5. The Awkward Ones

They're naturally awkward already, so not having people hear them when they speak just makes the situation ten times worse. A common conversation might include them speaking and then saying "Nevermind. It doesn't matter." while the other person tries to convince them that it DOES matter. Eventually, they will be forced to repeat whatever nonsense they said at first only for the other person to realize that it really didn't matter and was something trivial like "I ate bread today."

6. The Scary One

This is the jokester that goes around just pranking everyone by sneaking up on them all the time. They've found a way to somehow take their quiet side and use it for evil. You better sleep with one eye open around them.

Whether you can relate to all of these or just one of them, I think that every person has a quiet nature to them. Some people just know how to use it better.