How To Have A Quick Workout That Will Make You Feel The Burn In Under An Hour This Summer

You know you'd rather be on a pool float than an exercise ball.

90

If you're going to be eating ice cream and margaritas 4 out of 7 days a week in summer, you have to keep grinding at the gym.

And luckily that doesn't mean you have to waste 45 minutes of valuable tanning time on the elliptical watching the news that they always have on TVs in the gym. But you have to get moving if you want to feel and look your best in the Snapchats you send from the beach. Let's face it, spin and hot yoga classes are no one's priority in the summer!

First things first, you're going to want to ditch "leg day." It's much quicker to combine the most effective workouts from several different muscle groups. And there you have it, the secret to walking into the gym, sweating up a storm, then heading to the pool is as simple as circuit training!

In circuit training, each move is done back to back, then you rest for about a minute and repeat for however many sets you want to do - they are quick and, more importantly, effective for getting your heart rate up and sweat dripping! You should strive for 3 sets at least, but if you have a bit of extra time then strive for five sets.

And I have to mention the number one way to stay lean which is high-intensity interval training, or HIIT. Using a stationary bike, elliptical machine, or treadmill, you go as hard as you can for 30 seconds, go at a normal pace for 30 seconds, and repeat however many times you want. Boom, you burned calories, time to celebrate! If you look on Instagram or Pinterest, you can find so many accounts that have circuit plans like this.

Oh, and you think a vacation is an excuse to skip the gym? Wrong. Even if the hotel gym only has about 4 sets of dumbbells and one treadmill, you can have a successful sweat sesh. But remember not to push yourself, and obviously, if you've got a body and you've got a bikini, you have yourself a bikini body.