A Quick Guide To Your 20's

A Quick Guide To Your 20's

Nothing will ruin your 20's more than thinking you should have your life together already.

9
A Quick Guide To Your 20's
Buzzfeed

The way that each person experiences their twenties can be best described as some sort of "mystery box." Between finding love, enduring heartbreak, potentially getting married, finding themselves and losing themselves, the time that someone turns 20 to the time that third decade rolls around is truly a "surprise inside" type of situation for everyone. Regardless of where you find yourself in life, take advantage of everything that's thrown your way in your twenties. While there's no real guide that you've been given to follow during this time in your life, there are a few pieces of advice to follow and help you out along the way.

Every day is a learning experience. As cliche and overused as as that term sounds, it's true. Years from now, you aren't going to remember each shift that you picked up in order to earn your money at your shitty job with terrible people. Instead, you're more likely to recall how that shitty job made you realize the importance of working for your money and towards your goals.

You have the power to change things at this point in your life. If you aren't happy with where you are, you don't have to stay there! If you're in college and realize that you hate your major, switch it up (trust me, it's really not the end of the world). Feeling physically unhealthy? Eat your veggies and do some squats. Not happy in your relationship? Try out single life again. Anything could happen!

You don't have to feel confined to fit within the boundaries of the "social norm." Whatever makes you happy seems to be the obvious choice in life, but it isn't always the one that we feel the safest choosing. In the end, it's your life. Your 20's are the perfect time to do what you want, and to have it done the way you want to.

Travel. If you can afford to, travel, travel, travel. This is the perfect time in your life to explore and discover yourself through adventure and immersing yourself in different cultures. The solution to your wanderlust lies within a suitcase and some plane tickets.

Whether you see your break-up coming from a mile away or it hits you like a train on the tracks, more often than not, it's going to hurt like hell. You've invested your time and life into someone for however long, only to ultimately get hurt and gain five pounds from excessive ice cream consumption. Wipe your eyes, dress your best and grab some drinks with your friends -- they're the ones who have been there for you from the get-go. (And there's no reason that anybody's life shouldn't be like "Friends," tbh).

Your 20's are a time in your life where you deserve to be selfish, because it's rare that you'll be able to act that way later in life. Go to parties. Kiss whoever you want to kiss. Make sure to take advantage of every opportunity that you've worked so hard for, because you never know if it will happen again.