Oh, Florida. One of the hottest travel destinations around. But for those of us who live there, we Floridians get some pretty strange questions on a daily basis.
1. "So, do you go to the beach everyday?"
No. As much we all wish we can be like a supermodel who can run out of the water looking as gorgeous as ever, that is not the case.
2. "Why aren't you so tan?"
So, I don't spend all my free time outside tanning and I may have the same complexion as Casper the Friendly Ghost, but I still live in Florida!
3. "Does everyone have a pool in their backyard?"
4. "Do you own a pet alligator?"
No. I mean, what kind of silly question is that? Alligators aren't pets.
5. "Do you go to Disney World, like, all the time?"
Although Disney is known as the happiest place on Earth, it is also known as something else... a tourist trap.
6. "How do you control your hair in such humidity?"
Moroccan Oil, Keratin treatments, flat irons... the list goes on.
7. "How far do you live from Miami?"
Miami: basically the only city in Florida that matters to an out-of-stater.
8. "Have you ever been in a hurricane?"
Yes. And it's really not as bad as you're making it out to be.