Quentin Tarantino's 'The Hateful Eight': What We Were All Thinking

Friends, there are spoilers.

24

It is rumored that Quentin Tarantino's newest film entitled "The Hateful Eight" is his eighth and final production, and I could not be more disappointed. The American screenwriter, director and producer has been in charge of some of the most incredible movies that I have ever had the experience of viewing such as "Pulp Fiction," "Kill Bill," "Inglorious Basterds" and "Django: Unchained."

His latest, "The Hateful Eight," is an entirely different story. It has a terribly slow beginning, a complete disregard for any type of character development, and also a plethora of holes that left me questioning the basis of the entire movie. It seems his main focus truly is violence in this film, and because of that - the film lost a certain charm that we as viewers can find in any other Tarantino masterpieces.

Here come the spoilers, friends.

Samuel L. Jackson is MAGNIFICENT, as always. Yet his character is very ominous. He is supposedly a bounty hunter that was once heavily hunted himself. In his youth, he fought with the North in the Civil War and was eventually promoted to Major. Those two facts alone are very questionable themselves: how did he suddenly become seen as a "good guy" and was no longer hunted? And how did he, spending his childhood as a slave, become so highly ranked in the military during a war that was about slavery, albeit they were in his favor?

The most comical point in the movie, for me, was how Channing Tatum was incorporated. From the beginning credits, they made sure to list Channing Tatum's name last, building up how unusual it was for him to be cast. I sat and waited to see his beauty grace the screen literally the entire three hours, only for him to be shot brutally in the head after probably five minutes. It was probably Tarantino's only motive for casting him - being able to kill off Channing Tatum's character in a grotesque way - and that I found hysterical.