Quarantine Series: 5 Brands Who Did COVID-19 Right
News

Welcome to another blog in the "quarantine series" I decided to do for the next few months since we are all on lock down and do not know what is going on!

7

If you read my other blogs, you know my story. I did an eleven month mission trip to eleven different countries. I lived in Africa for four of the months. I partnered with ministries based out of refugee settlements and ministries that were 3 hours away from the nearest city or store. My months in Africa felt a lot like this, but luckily I have a bed and a shower now.

When I was going into this quarantine, I knew exactly what I had to do to stay sane. I want to share what I did and what I am doing now to see if it will help you get out of the social distancing blues. I have seen so many people say they are just going to sit around, relax, and catch up on TV. Well, I did that in Africa (yes we had Netflix) and it hurt me for the worst. I am getting vulnerable but I experienced another level of sadness and loneliness I have never felt before.

I think this is a beautiful time to get stuff done, accomplish some goals, and come out better than you were before. Hopefully my story and tips will help you!

We Wore What

Photo by @wegavewhat

I know I keep bringing up Danielle Bernstein but she never ceases to amaze me. Literally, how can someone be so business smart but street smart at the same timing (meaning, she can read the room)? During the pandemic, not ONLY did she consider CDC Guidelines but she also created another brand within her plethora of brands. She also became a best selling author but no biggie.

During the pandemic, she created We Gave What where her team would highlight small businesses, volunteer opportunities, and just shoutout's/praise in general. She also used her 2 million follower personal account to chat with local business owners and share their stories. She's incredible. I watched Netflix and barely passed school during the pandemic.

Mind Body Green

Photo by @mindbodygreen

Two words. Community classes. Who else became of fan of Zoom meetings, Instagram lives, and free video content provided by all their favorite companies?! Mind Body Green released a weekly schedule for their Community Classes. Some classes included; Foods + Habits, Community Asana, No-Bake Cookies, Self-Care, and Leadings of Meditations.

The Wing

Photo by @the.wing

The Wing was my dream community for the longest time. However, due to COVID-19, it is struggling to regain it's wings. Even during the process of releasing their statement of closing their doors for the time being, they still prioritized their girl power community by holding constant conversations with business professionals and being a resource for independent business owners. Give them a look and see how you can support their mission in the future!

The Madison

Photo by @themadisonphoenix

I am from Arizona so this is a bias but The Madison did it RIGHT. The Madison is a very popular yoga + spin studio in three different locations in Arizona. I remember it being the first week of the "lockdown" and they were already releasing live workout classes and schedules. They kept it so well branded too. I always knew I could rely on them to get my daily workout from home.

Olive & June

Photo by @oliveandjune

This was is a little random but they made nail painting at home COOL again and they made a PROFIT. Olive & June, popular nail polish and art brand, created Mani-Camps where you ordered a kit, followed their lives, and they taught you how to perfect the mani + pedi. Like what?! Talk about a business brilliance.