5 Quarantined Americans Share What They've Discovered In Week 9 Of Quarantine

Quarantine Checkup Week 9: Yup, Still Here

An Odyssey panel discussion about all things quarantine.

6191

Thanks to coronavirus (COVID-19), most of the United States has gone into its own version of quarantine. While no one loves this new way of life we're adjusting to, it's the necessity that will eventually help us fling open our front doors and frolic freely once again! Premature thinking? Maybe. But while we're in the midst of this quarantine time, we're chatting about the most terrifying, the funniest, and the weirdest thing that quarantine has forced us into recently.

What's one thing you checked off your to-do list this week?

Taylor — I got some fresh air every day in the last week, which has been a real game-changer.

Emma — Washing my duvet cover. It is probably the one housekeeping thing that I dread the most.

Michael — Ordered my girlfriend her birthday gifts weeks in advance, so they hopefully get here in time!

Marisa — I gave my dog a much-needed bath in the sink.

Lil — I took a virtual Pilates class and proceeded to be sore for the next two days.

What are you thinking about buying online next? 

Taylor — I have a ton of summer clothes in various carts that I've been dying to buy. Wish my bank account good luck, please.

Emma — I need to buy a few new throw pillows for my bed, I wish that I were after something that was more exciting.

Michael — Probably something for Father's Day, but I have one of those dads who is impossible to shop for, so this year should be especially challenging.

Marisa — I currently have several items in my cart on Taylor Swift's merch site that I am trying to convince myself not to buy. We'll see how that goes...

Lil — An AC unit! I know, moves are being made.

What has been the best internet dog you've seen?

Taylor — Paçoca the chihuahua (@chihuahuapacoca) is a total mood.

Emma — I am obsessed with any dog that is on TikTok.

Michael — Um, THIS CAT!!!

Marisa — Once again taking this opportunity to shout out my own internet dog, Dill.

Lil — Murphy is my spirit animal.

What's the biggest decision you made this week?

Taylor — I made a TikTok, which I never thought I would and now I'm addicted.

Emma — Going to Dairy Queen at 10 p.m. at night with my family.

Michael — I have begun to consider restarting watching "Mad Men." It's only something I want to do if I know I'm going to truly rewatch every episode — but I'm thinking it's going to happen. A top-five TV show of all-time for me, and it's been six years since the finale now. I need some Don Draper in my quarantine.

Marisa — I decided to order reusable cotton pads this week to use for applying toner to my face instead of wasting countless disposable ones. That feels pretty big.

Lil — To get Chick-fil-A's iced coffee as much as possible.

What are you bingeing this week?

Taylor — This last week I binged season eight of "Catfish" and now I'm catching up on "Jersey Shore: Family Vacation," so all quality television.

Emma — "Madam Secretary." I am addicted!

Michael — "Dead To Me" season two but I also have an interest in "White Lines."

Marisa — My boyfriend and I are still working our way through "Schitt's Creek" (and taking our time because we don't want it to ever end).

Lil — It's a very delicate balancing act of "NCIS," "The West Wing," and "New Girl."

What's the best snack you had this week?

Taylor — Homemade chocolate chip cookies! They're my absolute favorite, so they go quickly.

Emma — Wheat thins and pimento cheese! *Chef's kiss*

Michael — I made some Top Ramen with some sriracha mixed in, and it really hit the spot on a rainy day.

Marisa — I made homemade cinnamon buns that were genuinely the best I've ever had. I'm already thinking about when I'll make them again.

Lil — Melted chocolate chips swirled into a spoon of peanut butter.

What's the weirdest thing that happened to you this week?

Taylor — I went for a bike ride with my mom the other day and a little girl walking by stared at us, said "They're wearing masks? OK... whatever!" in a very sassy 8(ish)-year-old tone, and then ran after her parents. Like... has she not heard about the virus!? And where were their masks!? Wild.

Emma — Literally everything that is quarantine or coronavirus related is weird so I guess my whole week.

Michael — I drove five hours without stopping to avoid having to use public restrooms due to the circumstances, and it was quite an adventure.

Marisa — Our front door has started creaking with the wind, even when locked, and every single time I think someone is trying to get in the house.

Lil — I learned the line dance from "Footloose." Not really weird, but certainly noteworthy.

Want to be a part of this panel in future weeks? Want to host a panel of your own? Email lily.moe@theodysseyonline.com for more information!

As an Amazon Affiliate partner, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.