Week 2 Of Quarantine In The U.S.: Having To Do Laundry

Quarantine Checkup Week 2: There's A Shortage Of Clean Sweatpants

An Odyssey panel discussion about all things quarantine.

788

Thanks to coronavirus (COVID-19), most of the United States has gone into its own version of quarantine. While no one loves this new way of life we're adjusting to, it's the necessity that will eventually help us fling open our front doors and frolic freely once again! Premature thinking? Maybe. But while we're in the midst of this quarantine time, we're chatting about the most terrifying, the funniest, and the weirdest thing that quarantine has forced us into recently.

What is the thing you're most worried about this week? 

Dillon — Having to do laundry — I've run out of sweatpants.

Brianna — I think what I'm most worried about is my elderly neighbors. I know this virus can literally impact anyone, but there are a lot of people in my community who are high risk, so that's always something to be concerned about.

Tyler — I'm most worried about getting groceries. With Instacart and Amazon employees thinking about going on strike, it means we might have to break quarantine to get groceries and coronavirus is spreading through the community where I live so it's a bit scary.

Marisa — I am most worried about my parents and the question of when I will be able to see them next. I am an only child and we're extremely close, and I haven't gone this long without seeing them since I studied abroad in college.

Lil — Ventilators! And our health care workers! And my favorite small businesses! I am a bundle of stress.

What are you most thankful for this week? 

Dillon — YouTuber Marty Music for teaching me how to play the guitar.

Brianna — Even in the midst of something like this, I still have a house, food, electronics, etc. I have a lot more than a lot of other people even when I can't do exactly what I want when I want to do it.

Tyler — I'm most thankful for water and for my girlfriend!

Marisa — This week I am most thankful for my boyfriend, who has kept me distracted, comfortable, and sane over the past several weeks. I cannot imagine going through this on my own.

Lil — The Bon Appétit YouTube channel.

What social media account has made you laugh this week? 

Dillon — Anything posting "Tiger King" memes.

Brianna — Tobias Harris from the 76ers has started a trend of posting like the NBA season is still happening, and as an NBA fan, I'm here for it.

Tyler — Dog on Insta has made me laugh so much this week.

Marisa — I have been on TikTok much more than I'd like to admit recently, and I just followed @bomanizer. He has been posting fake Reality TV scenes and they are truly hilarious.

Lil — Trey Kennedy's WFH video is very funny.

What did you order online this week? 

Dillon — Wine and whiskey.

Brianna — I had an Amazon gift card and a Target gift card, so I bought some books, DVDs and something signed by my favorite NBA player.

Tyler — I ordered a laptop stand, keyboard, and mouse to get my desk set up in order. I also ordered veggies.

Marisa — Nothing! Although I have been tempted to order some cute loungewear sets. If staying inside is the new norm, I might as well adjust my wardrobe appropriately.

Lil — I subscribed to a wine service. As you do.

What has been the best internet dog you've seen this week? 

Dillon — Oh, @sadbobbie for sure. He is our spirit animal during quarantine.

Brianna — This one, without a doubt!

Tyler — One of my favorite Insta dogs is Millie.

Marisa — She's always been a favorite of mine, but @loulouminidachshund has had some extra cute posts lately.

Lil — I'm a long-time fan of Ollie.

What have you been bingeing this week? 

Dillon — "Tiger King," "Ozark," and The Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Brianna — Honestly, what haven't I been bingeing? But, for real, I've been bingeing "Golden Girls," "Gilmore Girls," "SVU" and "Kitchen Nightmares."

Tyler — "All American" on Netflix.

Marisa — I, like the rest of the world, was sucked in by "Tiger King." Carole is guilty.

Lil — Daily? "NCIS." As they come out each week? "Little Fires Everywhere" and "The Bold Type."

What's the best snack you've had this week? 

Dillon — Jalapeno pita chips and roasted red pepper hummus.

Brianna — Every snack is a good snack. Next question!

Tyler — Little Secrets wafers all day, every day.

Marisa — Chocolate pudding with whipped cream!

Lil — I'm suddenly very into dried apricots.

What's the funniest thing to happen in your own quarantine this week? 

Dillon — Organizing a surprise Zoom call with my family to surprise my grandpa for his 82nd birthday and watching my grandparents try and figure out the technology.

Brianna — I was at the grocery store (the only place you can go) and a lady decided to open up her cookies right there and eat them in the middle of the milk aisle.

Tyler — The funniest thing that has happened to me in quarantine this week was all the dreams I had at night of going out into the outside world that were far too realistic for me to handle. It has been so long...

Marisa — My boyfriend and I are always laughing at one thing or another, whether it be internet memes, pranks in the apartment, or even farts. Gotta keep things as positive as possible.

Lil — I mentioned my roommate and I's "walks around the apartment" in last week's panel. Apparently, our neighbors can hear every step. Not funny for them, but I chuckled (and have since jumped ship to stay in isolation at my parents' home, where there are no downstairs neighbors to bother).

Want to be a part of this panel in future weeks? Want to host a panel of your own? Email lily.moe@theodysseyonline.com for more information!