Quarantine Is Being Lifted

Quarantine Is Being Lifted

But is that a good thing?

143
Quarantine Is Being Lifted
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/26/coronavirus-updates-texas-campaigns-adjust-rescheduled-runoff/

Many states such as Texas has decided to lift some quarantine restrictions which many people are happy about. However, should we be happy about it? The coronavirus has turned everyone's life upside down. I want to say it is getting better and fewer people are getting sick but that isn't true. America has the most cases and deaths in the world and even with that, we are still deciding to reopen. I mean it is good to open back up because the past few months to me have been hell. My mental health and physical health have been terrible and I bet so is everyone else's. With our mental health on the line and our economy crashing it makes total sense to reopen and lift restrictions. Yet, the coronavirus is still strong and I believe we have just faced the first wave and nothing will be back to normal even if we find a vaccine. Don't get me wrong I really want to hang out with my friends and go on trips with my family but just knowing the virus is still present it makes me nervous. Everywhere I go now my mother is making sure I wear a mask even though I see so many people acting as if a pandemic is occurring. It is kind of scary, to be honest. I think quarantine would have been better if everyone cooperated and self-isolated in March. But there will always be people who doubt and don't trust anything so they just walk around like they know everything.

Being from Texas the restrictions are lifted May 1st. I am excited of course but I know that many places will still be closed. I haven't seen any of my friends from college since early March and my childhood friends since January. It feels like an eternity I know that sounds very exaggerated but that is the truth. I have learned so much from this global issue like enjoying the little things and that I don't do very well being isolated from my friends. All I hope for the next few months is that everyone gets better, fewer cases and deaths, and my own health to stabilize.