the typical how quarantine has affected me article

Thanks to the coronavirus, all of are stuck in quarantine. Emphasis on the stuck in that sentence.

6

I do not open myself to just anyone. But, to those who truly know me, they especially know just how overwhelmed I can with just about anything. From previous articles, you've probably noticed that I can get easily stressed out by school and my personal relationships. Adjusting can be difficult for me, especially when it comes to getting used to new schedules and ways of going about my day. Sure, learning a new class schedule is one thing, but how about who to eat lunch and dinner with? Or who am I supposed to be able to turn to? How do I study for a serious math class when I haven't taken one in over a year and half? Its honestly always the little things that matter.

At home, I've had a hard time adjusting because now everyone is always at home. With New Jersey being in lockdown, I'm confined to my house 24/7 (except for the times that I go to the grocery store, which at this point is three times a week just to leave my spot at the dining room table). So, I'm struggling. I'm struggling to adjust and semi-revert back to my old, high school ways of studying in the same spot for hours and not really seeing my friends.

College has changed me, just like it does everyone. I'm no longer that girl who likes to sit in her bed as she gets distracted from the world. I'm no longer that shy girl who constantly focuses on just studying for the next test or exam that's two weeks away. But, right now? I need to be that girl. And I just can't. College has changed me so that I crave being with my friends and the excitement of everything that happens on College Avenue. Heck, I even miss sitting on an EE or F as it sits at the Student Center for twenty minutes and I'm late to just about anything.

I miss Rutgers and the family it has given me to get through my college years. But, that goes for everyone. On Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, and just about any social media platform, I see throwback posts to brighter, happier days. However, we are extremely lucky to be living in a world connected through social media. I still get to talk to my friends, sisters, and family at Rutgers because it takes only a second to send a text or meme. So, this article is really just about how the changes I've gone through at Rutgers are pushing me back, at this very moment. But, there's nothing to say that I won't get used to it soon.