Putting Myself First in 2017

Putting Myself First in 2017

Sometimes a girl has to do what's best for herself.

12
Putting Myself First in 2017
Casa De Karma

Happy New Year! 2017 is finally here which is really great because 2016 royally sucked. I started the year of with some good resolutions. I am proud to say that even though I didn’t go to the gym every week and even though eating at Panda Express about 3 times a week wasn’t the best choice I could have made I kept the most important resolution. I learned to love myself a lot more than I once did. I began to embrace my quirks and learned to love many of my flaws. That in itself is a major accomplishment but in learning to love my flaws, I have grown to notice my biggest flaw. I can never put my needs first. It doesn’t seem like that big of a deal when it means putting your best friends needs above your own but it does become an issue when you can’t let go of toxic relationships.

It’s easy for me to say “I love myself.” but burning bridges that lead to more pain than happiness isn’t something that comes natural. I’m always an optimist and I love seeing the best in people but this year I refuse to do that at my expense. This year the most important resolution that I can make is to love myself enough to put myself first. To love myself enough to stop letting people pop in an out of my life on a whim. To love myself enough to know exactly what I deserve and to stop letting people give me anything less. To love myself enough to stand up for what is best for me regardless of what anyone else thinks. Why I ever thought that I could love myself without putting myself first is beyond me, but this year will be different. This year will be all about me.

This year when I cut toxic people out of my life, it won’t be because I have given up on them. It will be because I am trusting in me. I’m trusting that I know who I need in my life and that 2017 will be a much better year. It will be better because I will be surrounded by only those who want to help me. Here’s to 2017! May it be the most self-loving year I have ever had yet!