Ladies, Being A Psycho Girlfriend Isn't Cute, It’s Abusive

It’s not attractive to threaten your man.

4326
Taylor Swift//VEVO

“If a girl so much as looks in my man’s direction, she’ll be looking at the inside of a coffin.”

“If he makes me upset even the slightest, you can bet I’m changing the locks and he’s sleeping in the cold.”

“His phone might almost be dead, but he for sure will be if he doesn’t find a charger.”

Okay, first off - you’re a terrible girlfriend.

I don’t care if you spoil your boyfriend, if you support him day in and day out and he’s the absolute love of your life.

Stop saying stuff like this. Stop making him feel like he’s stuck with you. Stop threatening him, and stop threatening other women. It’s not cute. It’s abusive.

“Psycho” girlfriends have always been around, but it’s seems to be trendy now. Girls are starting to parent their boyfriend and force them into a bubble that can never be popped. They’ll say it’s love, but it’s manipulative and gross.

Relationships require freedom and flow.

Always asking questions about where your boyfriend is, who he’s with, and what he’s doing -- is abusive. We can recognize that when boyfriends are doing it, but a girlfriend does it and it’s just her “being protective?”

I get being protective of your emotions, too, but there’s no reason to do something mean because your boyfriend has upset you.

Not one relationships is 100 percent perfect.

There are little things that irritate one another, things said that came off wrong, and bickering about things that don’t matter. You experience a range of emotions because you’re both human.

If you get upset with your boyfriend and decide to destroy his items, lock him out, or any other “revenge,” -- you’re not letting him be human. You’re controlling his emotions so you can always be happy and in control.

That’s what it’s about, right? Control?

Girls are manipulating their boyfriends into submissive states. They’re forcing them to stay within a box they cannot fit. It’s abusive.

They want to be pampered and loved, but don’t want the hardships that come with a relationship so they will control as much as they can to create the illusion of constant sunshine and rainbows.

Relationships come with trust, sympathy, care, and love, and if these feelings cannot be mutual, then it’s not time for a relationship. If you can’t learn to share his time and respect his emotions, then a relationship is not right for you.

We as a society have got to stop normalizing abusive women in relationships.

If it’s not OK to treat women a certain way, it’s not OK to treat men that way.

Psycho girlfriends aren’t trendy and cute. They’re abusive and cruel.

If you can’t accept the trials of a relationship, you don’t need one.