Gus and Shawn’s Friendship From “Psych” Reflects The Bond I Have With My Friends

My best friends and I are almost exactly like Shawn and Gus.

66

My friends and I are incredibly close to the point where we can finish each others...sandwiches. (Yeah, I know that's an oldie.)

But, we're also close enough that we have a bunch of inside jokes and references that one would never know outside the boundaries of our friendship.

It's reasons like these and also because my friends and I also have crazy film references that no one else gets, that we remind me of Shawn and Gus from the tv show, Psych. They're both hilarious and know each other well enough to hold each other back and push each other's buttons. They also have a few catch phrases and lines that cement their life long friendship and bond even more.

I absolutely love this show for the comedy and the endless film references and quips. But, more than anything else, I love this show because it reminds me of what great friendships and relationships should be — full of equal amounts of love and loving annoyance.

1.Being overly excited about what you love

I always get extremely excited about things and there isn't a friend around who can relate to my niche interest. But, with my best of friends, I always have someone to love obscure movies and books with or get really excited about German Shepherds.

2. Tell your most intimate thoughts at the moment

Who needs Twitter and an active following when you have a best friend you can tell your every thought to? At least, that's what I think.

The best part about having a best friend is that they are obligated to listen to every mind burst your pea brain has. (That's part of it right? The friendship contract?)

3. Someone to celebrate every victory with

Every time that I do something that I am very proud of, I tell my best friends first because I know how supportive they will be of me. I love hearing back what my friends think about my writing or hear them saying that they're proud of me. Even having a friend come to watch me at an event is incredibly supportive.

4. Having a constant and supportive wingperson

If you ever need someone to talk you up, in any situation really, then my best friend is the person for me. She knows me well enough to cover my best qualities and enough to hide my worst ones. It's like having an encyclopedia of you present your information to others before you (as I usually do) have an opportunity to mess things up first.

5. Have someone who really knows how to push your buttons

Even though they can be annoying, my best friends keep me on my toes by pushing my out of my comfort zone, even if it is just bothering me constantly. My patience is high, especially since I was a teacher, but some times you need someone to bother you like they know you because you feel closer as friends.

It's being around friends like mine and seeing friends like these two that make me so happy. At the end of the day, our friends are amazing people that support us and help us figure out who we are in the scope of things. If you're lucky enough to find someone along the way who will be there for you no matter what and ready to have your back, you're in the best place.

I am very thankful for my friends and wonderful shows like this one that push forward what friendships can really be — full of wonderful experiences. If you haven't watched Psych yet I heavily recommend it and I know that you will have a new favorite show by the end of it.

Related Articles Around the Web