The 'Psych' Characters As Ohio Colleges

The 'Psych' Characters As Ohio Colleges

What would happen if we sorted "Psych" characters as Ohio colleges?

78
The 'Psych' Characters As Ohio Colleges
Sorozatguru

This well known police comedy about a man who pretends to be a psychic who consults with the Santa Barbara Police Department ran from 2006 to 2014. It was a classic cop show mixed with lots of humor and detailed story lines. Netflix recently removed it from their instant streaming feature, and I still haven't recovered from that tragedy. Now, their characters were very well developed and had very unique personalities, kind of like the various colleges up in the state of Ohio. Let's see if we can match up these characters with their respected schools.

1. Carlton Lassiter is The Ohio State University

Carlton Lassiter is the serious cop who wants nothing to do with Shawn Spencer. He became head detective and eventual police chief because he never let anything get in his way and wanted to prove to everyone that he was the know-it-all jerk that everyone saw.

But he was also a secret sweetheart who enjoyed the dynamic duo's antics at times and was ecstatic when he became a father. Like The Ohio State University, he works 24/7 on his career and has a huge ego. But the show would be nothing without the rivalry between Lassie and Shawn, just like Ohio would be nothing without people confusing Ohio State and Ohio University.

2. Burton Guster is Miami University

Burton Guster is Shawn's best friend and a very dedicated pharmaceutical salesman. He takes pride in his style and overall appearance and personality, thinking his composed and ordinary lifestyle is superior to Shawn's laidback take on life.

Like Gus, Miami students appear to be very composed and a little pretentious, but they do attempt to get as lit as Ohio University students. And Ohio would be nothing without Miami and OU's sibling-like rivalry and undeniable love-hate relationship. They might even be as good of friends as Shawn and Gus if they really tried.

3. Juliet O'Hara is University of Dayton

Juliet is the composed detective who wants to play it cool during her first days in order to prove her abilities as one of the best. But as the show goes on she lets loose a little and starts to find her groove and what works best for her in this new job.

She even becomes good friends with both Lassie and the dynamic duo, even dating Shawn in the end. Like University of Dayton, she is very composed on the inside but when the time comes she will let go to have fun or protect the ones she loves.

4. Shawn Spencer is Ohio University

Shawn Spencer is the goofball who refuses to take the other characters seriously, both because he concentrates better when everyone is severely underestimating him and because he just hates taking things seriously.

Like OU, no one expects much out of the school because the students seem a little lazy and enjoy partying often. But Shawn and OU always work hard and surprise everyone with their skills and knowledge.

5. Henry Spencer is University of Akron

Hardcore, no questions asked Henry Spencer is Shawn's father and a former detective for the Santa Barbara Police Department. He knows what rules work and what don't, he knows all the secrets to the job and trains his son to be the best of the best. Like Akron students, he will prove to everyone he knows his stuff despite his appearance and isn't afraid to fight those who question him.

6. Karen Vick is Case Western Reserve University

Karen Vick has her head on straight and her eyes set on the prize. She is able to have a pretty good life outside of her duties as police chief, although you know she is screaming on the inside every time she agrees to let Shawn and Gus work a case. She runs a tight ship just like the students at Case Western, who are silently questioning themselves every minute of the day but actually have their lives together unlike most other college students.

7. Woody the Coroner is University of Cincinnati

Woody the Coroner is the lovable awkward character on the show who people enjoy when they see him but sort of forget about him when he's off screen. UC students seem a little lost at points but once they find their way there is no way to pull them away from their goal. Despite Woody's out-there nature, he does indeed have a gift as a coroner.

8. Buzz McNab is Bowling Green State University

Like McNab, BGSU just came out for a good time and wants to give its all in everything, but instead, the other schools just mess with it all the time. They get the brunt of the jokes and are asked to fetch coffee. They just have a little rougher time than others, but in the end, they come out near the top of the pack, like how McNab rose to be a pretty decent cop.