My Dad Is A Cop And I Could Not Be Prouder, So Please Don't Make Terrible Cop Comments Around Me

Being a cop's daughter is probably the most stressful life a girl can have.

14685
girl and dad cop
Personal Picture

I didn't choose this life but, I was born into it. There are nights to where that I never know if my dad will ever come home or if it is the last time I see him when he walks out the door for work. At night, when he's at work and the phone rings it is probably the scariest thing because I never know if it's the call that will make my life change forever.

I know that some people don't like cops or "hates" them but, they are human just like you and me. They also have families and people who love them. I am so proud that my dad is a cop because he puts his life in danger sometimes because he wants to protect other people's life.

So, when I scroll through social media and see that people are bashing cops I take that to heart because I have someone who I love deeply putting his life on the line every day and he should not be bashed because of something that another cop did. Not all cops are bad. Please keep your comments to yourself because I see them and they actually hurt me to read.

When you find out that my dad is a cop, please don't make the comments "If I get pulled over, I will just say that I'm his daughter's friend so I don't get a ticket" or "Will your dad get me out of a ticket?" No, my dad will not get you out of a ticket. If you are in the position to get a ticket then take the ticket. I'm not going to be your friend if the reason is that you think that my dad will get you out of trouble. Also, don't get mad when I actually text or call my dad to see if he will help you out and he says no.

Just know that cops are human too and they have families at home. Think before you post something bad or something terrible about a cop. Just know that everyone will see that and it will get back around to the families of the officer.

Also, all the families have the back all the officers no matter where they are from. Please be respectful and next time you see a cop on the street don't make a bad comment, tell him to thank you for all he does. That one simple comment will make his or her day.