Pros And Cons Of Winter Break

Pros And Cons Of Winter Break

A list of pros and cons of being home for the holidays

94
Pros And Cons Of Winter Break

After finals, every college student is more than ready to come home for break. Being home is great but there are also some downsides.

Here's a list of Pros and Cons for being home the the holidays.

PROS

Home Cooked Meals

After the tease of thanksgiving food, going back to dining hall food is one of the hardest things to do. Coming home for break guarantees a whole month of home cooked meals and if that doesn't get you excited then I don't know what will.

Family Time

There's nothing better than teaming up with your siblings and messing with your parents. But also some good ol movie nights are always great.

Working

This is no one's favorite thing to do but after spending $20 a week on Dominos, us college kids need to replenish our bank accounts.

Home Friends

Exchanging weird college stories is what I live for. Home friends make you forget about adulting for a little bit, which I'll take any way I can get.

No School Work

This one speaks for itself. No more all nighters and stressful days, just a whole lot of relaxing.

Holidays

The best part of being home is celebrating the holidays with the people you love.

CONS

Driving

Walking anywhere you need to go is something we take for granted at school. When we come home and have to drive everywhere and spend money on gas, it's less than great.

Parents

I love my parents more than anything, but having to tell them about my every move drives me up a wall. They don't know my whereabouts at school, so it is annoying to have to update them every 30 seconds on where I'm going and who I'm with.

Curfew

This goes along with the previous one. Some college kids don't have a curfew and their parents couldn't care less, but not my parents. I have to be home by 1, which sounds late, but when you're vibing somewhere at 12:45, you don't want to leave.

School Friends

Home friends are awesome, but you miss the wild nights you had with your college friends. We can't just order food at 2am and roam around campus. It's weird to go from seeing them everyday, to not seeing them for a whole month!

Being Bored

At school, there is always something going on and always something to do, but at home there's not much to keep you busy. Daytime television is horrible, everyone is at work or school, and doing anything fun requires spending money. So staying at home and being bored just ends up happening more often than not.

Being home for the holidays is great and always a fun time, but by the end of it, we are eager to get back to school.