5 Different Ways To Promote Health And Wellness In A Stagnant Workplace
Food Drink

You can even offer inter-office classes. You might have a yoga instructor on your team.

382
3 girls taking fitness classes

When it comes to health and wellness, everyone has a different perspective and a different way to maintain that good health. But when it is about any workplace or multinational companies employees usually forget about their health (because of those fixed 9 to 5 criteria) which might affect their physical and mental health. Promoting a good health and wellness should be at the top of every employee's priority list because healthy employee means happy employees and the happy ones make productive workers. See how and what steps a company can take to encourage their employee's well-being.

1. New office equipment

You'll agree with the point that most office jobs make you sit for long hours without any physical activities. If maximum employees in your workplace are in computer-based positions, simply update your office equipment in order to provide them with the movement they need throughout the day. You can bring standing desks instead of a regular desk where they need to sit for 8 long hours. That way they can adjust their positions from sitting to standing, ensuring more movements and fewer back problems. If a standing desk is an option you don't want to consider, go for ergonomic chairs. Provide more comfort to your employees and they'll be more productive.

2. Encourage exercise and movement

Offering incentives to the employees is a great way to encourage exercise. It might be a company membership deal with the local gym. If your office is in Business Park, here's another benefit to it: there you might find a gym that could provide you lower rates to a specific amount of employees. You can even offer inter-office classes. You might have a yoga instructor on your team. Ask your employees to show interest in participating in such good cause or do whatever you feel like in order to make them join the classes.

3. Mental health matters

Remember one thing that not just physical but mental health also matters in a workplace. You can either help your employees employ stress management or you can allow for mental health days or help them by holding mental health seminars to help them deal with the extra stress they might be dealing with. Allow them a flexible schedule to maintain their personal and professional life together. In short, holistic health is very important to make sure your employees are just not taking care of their physical health but mental health as well.

4. Supply healthy snacks or meals

Companies should also one agenda of providing their employees with healthy foods like fruits and vegetables and not unhealthy foods and candy. If the company has a vending machine, they can have nuts, granola bars, seltzer water and in lieu of soda. If your employees have to go somewhere outside to have lunch make sure the company should provide them with the food menu that should contain healthier lunch choices from the food courts or restaurants nearby.

5. Consider a casual dress code

When employees are asked (strictly) to be present in office professional clothing, it only makes them inactive on their way to and from their office. Allow the employees who want to bike to work to carry casual dress and ask them to join fitness classes during these days. You can even organize Active Wear Days where they are asked to wear workout gears only. And when they are dressed in such a way chances are they might want to engage in physical activities.