The 9 Stages Of Searching For A Relationship During The School Year

Month by month, summoning the perfect romcom romance isn't easy

25
shunvmall.com

Every year we arrive at school with hope for a brighter future of our relationship status. Unfortunately, this doesn't always go as planned. Here comes the progression of relationship seeking throughout the year.

September

Everyone is back to school and there are new people everywhere. All of the events on campus make it really easy to meet people and you feel like this could be your year. You go out of your way to be noticed at parties and in classes hoping that maybe one of these people will become your next committed relationship.

October

You are still hopeful but now people are starting to couple off, including a lot of your friends. You've always wanted to go on the cute couple dates that happen in October, so you keep trying. Unfortunately, this game is harder than you expected and you end up watching all of your friends go to corn mazes and haunted houses while you sit at home and watch Hocus Pocus for the eighth time in a row.

November

School is really starting to pick up and you no longer have the time or energy to flirt around. While everyone else is studying with their boyfriend/girlfriend at the library, you are in your own private study room trying to focus on the big final that is coming up and not the fact that you are failing the relationship game once again.

December

Winter break comes around and you couldn't be more relieved to go home and watch lots of Netflix without being interrupted by the constant nag of homework. This break is not all the bliss you were planning, though. When you get home you are greeted by the news that all of your friends are engaged or in serious relationships. You realize that everyone you know is getting married.

January

Now you are desperate. There is all sort of new prospect on campus and it is time to get your game on. You flirt with the person sitting next to you on the bus, the new neighbor, and the one sitting across the library that keeps looking up. Fate is not a thing. You have to work to make a relationship.

February

The cursed month of love. Valentines day is coming up real fast and you are working the market to make this happen. Thank goodness you have great friends to hang out with to make it through this month. That and a large amount of Tasty videos to watch when you are feeling sad and lonely.

March

Now everyone is in relationship mode and you feel disgusted with every lovey dovey couple walking around holding hands on campus. You no longer feel the hope of a new year and just hope spring break comes quickly so you can get out of this town and head to the beach.

April

Who cares about relationships? You have more important things to worry about! You are working to finalize summer plans and internships. Finals week is also coming up, so you are working to bring up your grade and study for tests. There is not time for funny business.

May-August

FREEDOM! The carelessness of summer brings on a whole new you and with that a whole new summer fling. This isn't something serious, but fills the need you've been feeling all year long. Flings are more fun anyways, you tell yourself. And when you get back to school there will be so many new people on campus it will be nearly impossible to avoid getting in a relationship this year.