Professors Are Struggling Just As Much As You Are

They're people, too, and they understand the stress we are all under during this time.

6
https://www.pexels.com

Professors are people, too. They feel just like students do. They are overwhelmed just as much as we are. It's quite obvious that this new normal is throwing us all through a loop, but the only way to get through it is to be #togetherapart.

Professors are trying. They will accommodate you if you need it. You have to ask! They are aware that we did not sign up for online classes only. They are aware that their students may not complete work on time every week. They are aware of the obstacles we are trying to overcome.

All college students want to succeed. That's why we are here, right? Take time to plan your weeks. Give yourself a due date before the actual due date to ensure your work is finished.

Complete work early if it's possible. Your professors will ultimately appreciate it. It gives them a head start on grading. If you're struggling to complete work by its due date, ask your professor for guidance. They will give extensions.

If you're lacking motivation or are too easily distracted at home, talk to your professor about their office hours. Privately meet with them so you can focus and work on assignments together, virtually.

The only way for us to get back to our normal lives is to say inside. I know I sound like a broken record. I know that every channel on TV is telling you to stay inside.

Take that as a demand. It's necessary!

It's necessary for our elders, immunocompromised friends and family, professors, bosses, co-workers, etc. It's necessary for everyone!

Yes, we get bored, frustrated, and angry, but the faster we all listen to the demand, the faster we can get back to our normal lives.

We have to be #togetherapart. We are all in this together. We all have to be considerate and willing to help others right now. Frustration and anger will only make matters worse.

Be kind and stay #togetherapart.