5 Tips For YouTube Creator Success

5 Tips For YouTube Creator Success

Trying to create a YouTube career can be tricky, but there are a few secrets to success.

25
5 Tips For YouTube Creator Success
Školiace pracovisko elektrotechnikov

Do you have a passion for something creative? Do you need another job? Do you enjoy watching YouTube videos? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you've come to the right place! YouTube is a fantastic way to accomplish all of these things and then some. For the past three years, I've been making YouTube videos as a way to share my talents with the world and have enjoyed absolutely everything about it. Today, I'm going to give a few professional tips about what it takes to be a popular YouTuber.

1. Find your passion.

The most important step to YouTube is figuring out exactly what you want to do with your channel. After all, everything from live-streamed concerts to video games to cat videos can be found online. Decide what you're good at and stick to it, whether it's a hidden talent that only you know about or something that everyone in your family has seen you do for years. Finding out what genre of videos you want to showcase, as well as what type of videos you want to feature, is an absolute must.

2. Study the professionals.

Most likely, the topic you've decided to center your videos on has been featured on another popular channel before (and that's absolutely fine). In fact, most people that want to make a YouTube channel are inspired by a popular YouTuber. Whether it's a popular vlogger, a beauty queen or a popular gamer, everything can be found online. Just like a college professor, studying from the masters is essential for future success. Using a popular video type, such as a Top 10 video or a movie review, is perfectly fine, as long as as you make it it your own unique style.

3. Get the right equipment.

Knowing the right tools that you're going to be using is essential for YouTube success. For just starting out, use simple editing software (such as iMovie) and a camera that you're comfortable with, like your mobile phone (be sure to film horizontally) or a digital camera. As your channel starts to gain steam, however, you're going to have to invest in better filming equipment, whether it be a new camera or the next level up of editing software. As stated in step two, doing the research is key to have even a remote chance at success.

4. Be consistent.

This is by far the hardest step of the bunch. To this day, it's something that I still struggle with. However, all of the most popular YouTubers have a steady upload schedule, ranging from one video a week to one video a day. Once you figure out a schedule that you're comfortable with, let your viewers know exactly when you'll be uploading. Deadlines are the biggest key to rising to success, especially early on. Not uploading when you're supposed to is the easiest way to lose channel subscribers. Do not let yourself get behind!

5. Have fun!

This is another important thing to follow. Being a YouTuber that is not excited about the content they produce will cause a derailing in the process, which is never a good thing. If you don't enjoy what you're doing, then not only have you failed to successfully complete step one, but you've missed your calling as well. If you're doing YouTube for the money alone, then you're doing something wrong. The whole community of YouTube is based on positive energy and not showing that will severely cost you in the long run.

Well that's it from me. If you follow all five steps correctly, you'll be on the road to success in no time (although note that nothing is ever guaranteed)! Over the next few weeks, I'll be showcasing my own YouTube videos, CastroCreates. I do videos on the combination of technology and the arts, which includes filmmaking, music and gaming. Hopefully I'll be able to inspire some of you to start doing amazing things in the world. Good luck!