Productivity in 5 Easy Steps

Productivity in 5 Easy Steps

it's easier than it seems

7
Productivity in 5 Easy Steps
Courtesy of: Pinterest

1. Schedule

Not only is college hectic and full of classes, meetings, and events, but there are also a lot of blocks of free time that can either make or break your college career. It’s too easy to fill this free time with naps, Netflix and extra meals. The hard part is making this time productive. But it is possible. Because in college, not only do you have plenty of work but you must also take care of yourself because your parents aren’t there to do it anymore. That means laundry, three meals, rest, and physical activity. So the best way to make sure you do all these things is to make a schedule. I usually use a month calendar to plan out big assignments and when to start them. This way I can look at the calendar to see when I have a heavy week so I can plan ahead. Then, I have a weekly whiteboard calendar to plan out weekly, smaller assignments, classes and club meetings. Finally, I use the reminders app on my phone to plan out a daily schedule so I know when to get work done, do chores and eat. This way I always have something to do and I get to satisfaction of checking things off the reminders and remaining productive.

2. Lists/Notes

Sticky notes are my best friend. I use them all over my room to remind me things about the day, things that are due and meetings that are coming up. I use a bright pink sticky note for important reminders and blue ones for long term assignments and less important reminders then a pale purple for long term reminders such as when a deposit is due or someone’s number. Then, I use my reminders again to set events and timers so I get reminded from my phone when they are relevant. I also make out a master list of all my assignments on lined paper so I can cross off each one as it is completed. Otherwise, I would forget everything.

3. The Gym

Without working out, I would have far less energy than I do and far less productive. So, whenever I have an hour or two free I head to the gym. It’s also

4. Sleep

I’m not saying take a nap every time you have a break in between classes, but sleep is crucial. I try to go to bed before 11 when I can and if I’m feeling under the weather or unable to focus, a quick power nap is the answer, BUT only if you do something productive afterward.

5. Organize

I cannot focus on a task at hand unless I have first cleaned the area I am in and organized what I’m going to do. So, I usually clean my room before studying. Then I made a plan of what I’m going to study and organize all my work. My color coded class folders and notebooks help along with my daily planner.

Then the productivity begins.