Spring Is Finally Here, So Enjoy It

Spring Is Finally Here, Let's Enjoy It!

After a cold, hard winter, go outside and breathe in the fresh air.

8
Spring Is Finally Here, Let's Enjoy It!

Warm Maryland weather is finally here! The long cold season of winter seems to be finally lifting itself from the East Coast.

I have to admit, I was getting pretty tired of the constant cold that made walks to and from classes a nuisance. But it now feels like the warm temperatures are here to stay.

Spring brings with it all of the new plants and flowers starting to bloom again.

Some of my favorite spots in the spring are beginning to show their true beauty. In Washington, D.C., the annual Cherry Blossom festival is nearly upon us. Thousands of cherry blossom trees planted all along the Washington Monument are now at their peak. These blossoms will not be around forever, so it is important that you enjoy this marvel while you still can.

Also in D.C. is the National Arboretum. If you have never been here, it is another wonderful place to visit as the new season ramps up the plant growth. The National Arboretum is filled with acres of plants, trees, and flowers - and it's free to visit! Spending a day here for a picnic with friends or just taking a nice walk to observe all of the beauty will definitely be a calm, relaxing activity.

But with the spring weather also comes slight annoyances.

Spring means allergy season for an unfortunately many. Leaving the house means constant sneezing and itchy eyes, thanks to all the pollen coming from the newly bloomed trees and plants. Make sure you keep tissues and allergy medicine with you if you know that the weather change effects you. You do not want to be caught unprepared.

And who could forget the bugs? Spring weather brings back bugs of all kinds. Flies, mosquitoes, wasps, hornets, and more are on their way back with vengeance. It is almost as if they are trying to make up for all of the time they missed during the cold months.

These bugs are going to be building their nests, wasps and hornets especially. Be sure to check around your home to see if any nest are growing. It is best that you get rid of them now instead of later.

Spring is filled with new activities to enjoy and challenges to overcome.

2019 is moving forward at a fast rate. Make sure to enjoy the mild spring weather now, because we could be in for a VERY hot summer.