Prepaid Debit Cards

Prepaid Debit Cards

Guide for using prepaid debit cards.

16
Prepaid Debit Cards

What are prepaidcards? Prepaid cards are a card, issued in the user of the card's name, that will have a set of sixteen numbers on the front, which is the card number to that so we specific card, that is used for billing. On the front will sometimes show the name of the card holder, but not always' depending on the company of the card and where it was purchased. Also. An expiration date will be on the front of the card, including the month and year the card will no longer be eligible for use. The card should state on the front if the company of the card goes through VISA or Mastercard in handling transactions.

On the back of the prepaid card will be a place for the card user to sign their personal signature with a pen. Some places will not allow the card to be used if the card has not been signed. The signature is there for security reasons, so that the cashier can compare the card signature with the purchaser signature. A picture ID should also be shown at time of any purchases, as a security measure.

Another set of numbers is at the end of the signature section, which are known to be used when providing the card information over the phone or for online purchases, also for security.

The card will have some terms listed on the back of the company that issued the card, along with the company's customer service number and the company's website, if they have a website.

Prepaid cards are a way to purchase items electronically, other than by paying with cash. Cash has to be added to the card before their is a positive balance that will be available for purchases. Very high fees are aquatinted with prepaid cards. Usually a fee is needed every time cash is added. Therefore, it's always a good idea to add all the cash you're needing for the purchases you plan to purchase with the card at one time to save yourself some money.

When you decide you want to use a prepaid card, and need help deciding which card would benefit you best, there are some things to look into that will help in the decision process.

First, find out all the fees that are associated with using each card. Determine which card's fees would be the lowest. Don't buy the card everyone has, until you've done your research.

Some other ways to spend money include secured credit cards and a checking account in a bank or credit union. Which both of those choices are different altogether also.

Prepaid cards can be a smart way to pay bills instead of cash to protect against money being stolen. Or losing your money. Also a balance on the card keeps your money added up for you, instead of counting out your cash every time you want to purchase anything. It keeps you from spending more than available on the card. That is why the card is prepaid instead of credit. Good for paying bills and online purchases.