Premier League Week Two Round-Up

Premier League Week Two Round-Up

Week two's action proved to be just as exciting for fans.

2
Premier League Week Two Round-Up
Bleacher Report

After a frantic opening to the Premier League season last weekend, week two's action proved to be just as exciting for fans. As many predicted, there were plenty of goals to go around, as well as a few dramatic finishes and a couple shock results.

Defending Champions Chelsea Hammered 3-0 By Manchester City

After a dominant Premier League campaign last season that led to winning the league title, Chelsea has been struggling out of the gates, as they have yet to find their form. While they would have loved to get their first win after last week's disappointing 2-2 tie, they were stopped in their tracks by a Manchester City side that were running on all cylinders after their 3-0 win against West Brom last weekend. Goals from Sergio Aguero, Vincent Kompany, and Fernandinho left the defending champions scratching their heads. After the game, Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho, clearly disappointed, was quoted saying "the best team in the first half won the game."

Arsenal Dominant Against Crystal Palace In 2-1 Win

A goal from Olivier Giroud and an unfortunate own goal by Damien Delaney proved to be the difference in this dominantly played contest. According to Gianni Verschueren of Bleacher Report, Arsenal deserved the win based on their dominance throughout the game. While this may be true, Crystal Palace almost took advantage of their opponents inability to finish. Luckily for Arsenal, they couldn't, and they can also be relieved to get their first three points of the new season.

Manchester United Edge Out Aston Villa 1-0

Adnan Januzij's goal ended up being the game winner in what was a tight game against a persistent Aston Villa side. While the games have been relatively closer than they would like, United are enjoying themselves at the moment, as they have won their first two games and find themselves in a good position to fight for a first place spot. Despite an excellent game from American goalkeeper Brad Guzan, he could not do very much with Januzij's deflected shot. Even though it wasn't a convincing win, United will surely be full of confidence in their next game.

Everton Shut Out Southampton 3-0

Tim Howard was another American goalkeeper in action this weekend, as he helped his team earn a 3-0 shut out win against a talented Southampton side. A Lukaku brace and a late goal from Ross Barkley gave their team an impressive and much needed win. After a disappointing opening weekend for Howard, this shut out win should give him a much needed confidence boost to find the form that made him famous during the World Cup.