Pre-Rush Sorority Crush

Pre-Rush Sorority Crush

When In Summer, Our Computers Begin To Work Overload To Find Our Home Away From Home.

33
Pre-Rush Sorority Crush
sororitylyfe.com

After graduating high school, the summer is a time to glance at the various activities and opportunities to do on your college campus. For many women, fall recruitment or rush is very popular due to the fact that college "allows you to grow into the person you want to become". In many cases, the Greek life status on a college campus is considered to be an "exclusive circle and the epitome of the ultimate college experience". Thus, we hope to oh-so-dearly be a part of something greater than we know and to just fit in with our peers. When looking up potential sorority sisters online in each organization, there are many steps that a sophisticated co-ed must comprehend. But, before I discuss what is necessary and crucial to plan for your college career, I must stress the importance of being yourself and not letting the desired sorority take over you! Being a unique individual is the most important thing that your potential sorority sisters will appreciate and remember you by.

So before you start logging onto your Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram, it is important to know that your posts and pictures should be professional and acceptable so that not only your future sisters will see, but also your future employers. So just be classy ladies! Overall, I know that there is a lot of stress when it comes to finding the perfect outfits and hairstyles to wear during rush week, so plan ahead according to the weather and trends while abiding by the campus rules. With that being said, find simple statement accessories that might make you stand out, as well as extra supplies to refresh as the night goes on! Don't stress and sweat the small stuff. When searching for the members or individuals of a sorority on your campus make sure you pay attention to what they like so that this information could enhance your conversations. But remember what I said earlier about being true to yourself; this is the key to being comfortable in that sorority's room.

I know that when you are reading all of this you might say to yourself, "this is a lot to handle at this time" or "should I really go through all of this"? The answer is yes because you are making an investment in your future and yourself, and I am not just saying this from a fellow sorority member myself. As they all say, "It's not only for four years, it is for life." But if this process doesn't appeal to you it is alright, there are other organizations on your campus for you to be involved in!

When counting down the days until summer ends and patiently approaching a new chapter in your life, it is important to not only focus on what you want to accomplish but also to create relationships that will last a lifetime. College is a time to discover who you really are and what legacy you want to leave behind. So a word of advice from my whole recruitment experience, this process was exciting and eye opening to an outsider wanting to fit in. So in my final words, before you find your home away from home, make sure you've found out if your desired sorority's values and morals coincide with yours as well as in future do you think you would enjoy wearing their letters? After reading all of this,just think... you are one step closer to running to your home!