A Prayer, The Thank You Kind

A Prayer, The Thank You Kind

#blessed.

57
A Prayer, The Thank You Kind
Lindsey

College. College is hard. It turns out that change is more constant than routine, giving our lives a rather fluid consistency. Friends that I have just met this year are coming in and out, grades are... well, out the window, but "good" can serve its purpose when asked, and home is just a few miles too far away. Like I said, it's hard. The one constant that always remains? He has been there for me when other people have not (or when mom just doesn't have enough time to squeeze a road trip into her Tuesday lunch). God — good old God.

God,

Thank you for my people. I love them. I love them a lot!

Thank you for the people that have not stayed in my life. They taught me things about myself, and I needed to meet them.

Thank you for keeping me grounded in college.

Thank you for letting me make mistakes. I'm learning that learning curves are my best curves.

Thank you for the days when you know I need a Netflix episode in bed so my teachers relax on homework (which could come more often if You were wondering.)

Thank you for my heart, that I try to give to everyone, but keep for myself when I know I should.

Thank you for my planner. I'm fully aware that it is irrelevant because You have a mind of Your own, but it looks pretty and makes me think I have it all together.

Thank you for leading me through life with a plan. A plan that I would love to know every detail of and write it in my pretty calendar for next year, but cannot. It simply does not work that way, and I will eventually come to terms with it (But for now, I'm going to just let You keep ruining them- apparently it's more fun that way).

Thank you for motivation and determination.

Thank you for FaceTime and texting.

Thank you for children.

Thank you for wise (old) people to teach us all they know.

Thank you for dogs. Puppies in particular, but they are all pretty cute.

Thank you for hot showers on rainy days.

Thank you for my smile, her smile, his smile, and all of their smiles. (Some of Your best work, in my opinion).

Thank you for the power to further knowledge every single day. Just when I think I'm getting super smart, I go and learn something new.

Thank you for ALL the coffee to get me through the paper I waited last minute to write.

Thank you for a good grade on the previously mentioned, extremely procrastinated, paper.

Thank you for keeping me safe.

Thank you for chocolate. And ice cream — don't forget the ice cream.

Thank you for my role models to guide me through life.

Thank you for my health.

Thank you for books and stories to captivate our thoughts.

Thank you for the beauty within the earth, itself.

Thank you for the sunshine, the clouds, the rain, and the thunderstorms that remind us that You are indeed still up there.

Thank you for the bed that lets me dream my dreams and stay up past midnight thinking my thinks.

Thank you for opportunities — ALL of them.

Thank you for french fries — the crinkly ones.

Thank you for the beach that gives me all the feels.

Thank you for my memories. I love them.

Thank you for blessing me in so many ways.

God, most importantly, thank you, thank you, thank you for listening.

The most sincere thank you's do not have to be the deepest. It is true that many people think a prayer must be the rosary on your knees. Well, I am here to tell you that I talk to God probably 101 times a day, and trust me, I'm not on my knees!! It's kind of like shooting your high school BFF that "Happy Wednesday!! I miss you!" text. Every person's prayer is different, but it's the actual prayer that counts. How the message gets to God does not matter. Clouds are my trigger. A sky full of beautiful clouds instantly sends a little thank you card up to The Big Guy from me.

I'm grateful. And oh boy, I'm so, so thankful.

What are you thankful for?