A Prayer For People Suffering After Brett Kavanaugh's Confirmation
Parents

A Prayer For The Christians, After Brett Kavanaugh's Confirmation

I lift up our Nation during a time when we need God the most.

1081
Hannah Blanton

Dear God, we are a divided nation as ever. In recent events, the devil has been ever so present, dividing your children apart.

We, your children, your followers, your disciples, trust in you, however, today is a time where we are lost within ourselves. It has been shown that some of our brothers and sisters in Christ support a man that falls so far beneath you that it is unnerving.

A man who has lied. A man accused of mistreating a woman. A man who has turned most of your children against a woman who only tried to serve the greater good.

We know that you are a just God. However, in times like these, our faith falters.

We can't understand how a man like Brett Kavanaugh is to now hold the title of the Supreme Court Justice.

A man who was accused of sexually assaulting a young woman in his earlier years. A man who showed his true colors during the interview process when questioned about the accusations that were made against him. Lord, this is a man who, after he had won, did not even apologize to Dr. Ford for all she had endured.

Oh, Dear Lord, you see as to why it weighs so heavily on our hearts? A man who falls so far away from you now holds the most powerful title in the judicial branch in our government.

Lord, are we to be like the Israelites who had to wander through the desert because they allowed corrupt power to overtake them? Are we to be like your fallen followers who allowed Satan to slither his way into their lives? Will we be living our own book of Lamentations soon enough?

How much more will we have to endure for our brothers and sisters to see that the devil is alive and well within our government?

Oh, God, I pray that you wrap your comforting arms around the survivors of sexual harassment and assault. I pray that you remind them that your love is unending and the outcome of this Supreme Court decision will not waver that.

I pray you give them strength and bravery to face those who believe that the word of a woman is less than meaningless.

I pray that you surround the women who mourned this loss as I did with people who believe them and love them as you love us.

Lord, I pray that your presence in Capitol Hill becomes ever so evident because, without you, we are nothing.

I lift up Brett Kavanaugh. I pray that you open up his heart and allow him to see a Christ-like life to live and serve — a life you allowed your own son to live.

I pray for his forgiveness because like we all are, he is a sinner. I pray, Lord, that you make yourself known to him.

Lastly, God, I pray for my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. This is a trying time for any believer. I pray they find truth in you and you alone.

As it says in the book of Psalms, "Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling!"

In Your Name, I Pray, Amen.