If One Believes That Prayer Can Fix Anything, Don't Bring Them Down Because of It.

It's not about how, just that we are.

111
Stocksnap.io

One thing that none of us can argue with is that recent events have left all of us in shock and despair. Hurricanes such as Harvey, Irma, and Jose as well as the Las Vegas shooting have left us both with an absence and presence of unity. I say this because we all unite to donate and help for all victims, yet bring each other down when we don't agree with one another.

#Prayfor_____ goes viral. Everyone tweets it, retweets it, and posts it. I saw a tweet recently saying "Praying doesn't fix everything, having faith doesn't fix anything, your god won't fix anything." That is your opinion, and I respect that. But, why do we choose to bring down other people and their opinions in a time where we need to lift them up the most? If you see a post that you don't agree with, what is the purpose of arguing instead of doing something to help the victims of these disasters? For some people, the very most they can do is pray.

I can tell you that because of my own experiences with God, I believe that He is there in every situation, He indeed can fix everything and anything He lays His hand on. In John 9, Jesus restores the sight of a blind man. But if I see someone post something the exact opposite of that, I won't pointlessly argue with them and try to get them on my side. Right now, the importance is not in winning but in helping. Pressuring somebody to believe what you believe, 1) most likely will turn the person off from what you believe and 2) will not do anything benefitting our common goal of helping the victims of these tragedies.

Yes - I believe that praying can fix everything, for God knows what is best, has a plan for everything, and that prayer is powerful and the God of all creation hears it. I believe that cancer has been healed, addictions have been ended, and sight has been restored all in Jesus' name and that He will continue to move mountains with just a whisper of His voice. For me, I believe that praying over the devastated and hurt areas is powerful and that God provides to those in need. For others, they would rather volunteer or donate. And, of course, you can do both/all. But if someone says that the only thing they can do is pray, don't tell them that they're not doing anything. Just because it is not tangible, like donating or volunteering, does not mean it isn't real or that you should bring someone down because of it. In a time of desperate need, the worry should not be about how we help, but that we are. We should all come together and help in the very best ways we can- that is what is going to get us places.