Pranking My Roommates

Pranking My Roommates

Living with Six Girls

17
Pranking My Roommates

I love living with six gorgeous, clever, and full of life girls. They inspire me to push myself to be a better person and always keep me on my toes. Every now and then it is a little amusing to mess around with them, and have well, a little harmless fun. Kristen is one of the most supportive caring people in my life, and hands down one of the more humorous people I know, but she also is probably the best to prank as well (love ya Kiersten) my gullible little munchkin. My roommates and I love to go on little adventures, whether it is just up into the Foothills with Joelie, or to California with Torrey, I am always looking to run away from campus, escape and make some memories. My next endeavor will most definitely be the Grand Canyon. Joelie is the one out of all of us that has Friday classes so the other night I sauntered into her room to ask her which Friday this month would be convenient for her to skip her class. After discussing with her, I made my way to Kristen’s room to update her on the plan. As I began to tell her we were going to the Grand Canyon, she frantically interrupted me by shrieking, “We’re going to the Grand Canyon! RIGHT NOW?” I immediately thought to myself to say no, no, no not tonight- mind you it was two o’clock in the morning- but then I thought, I have a better idea.

I exclaimed enthusiastically that yes indeed Joelie and I had come to the consensus that we were going to the Grand Canyon, tonight, right now as a matter of fact! Kristen lurched into an immediate panic. “No we are not,” she fired back “we will miss all the tailgating tomorrow for the first football game.” She was frazzled and distraught by the idea, but there is one thing that I know about Kristen and it is she will never be one not to participate out of the fear that she might miss out on something monumental. While all of this was occurring in Kristen’s room, Torrey ventured around the corner of the bedroom wall. “Wait we are going to the Grand Canyon?” she asked with a smile that carried a little enthusiasm behind it. Torrey is always willing to do anything, she is my 'yes' girl, always down for something extraordinary. “Yep guys, get ready to go we leave in ten!” I shouted while half way out the door turning the corner out of sight to slightly jog to Joelie’s room and fill her in on what I had just done before the two could follow.

Joelie immediately agreed to mess with them, the plan was to tell them that Joelie would be skipping her class she had in the morning and we would be driving five hours to watch the sunset and five more hours back to be back in time for tailgating. If you read that statement again you can understand how absolutely ridiculous that actually sounds, but she backed me up. Joelie willing to miss her class was enough to convince the rest of them, especially Kristen that we were serious. While Torrey and Kristen scrambled to get ready, changing and trying to pack (I had to convince Torrey not to wash her hair and Kristen to stop putting on mascara) I turned to Joelie, “Ten bucks I can get them in a car and driving too.” The bet was on. Joelie started packing a “bag” full of snacks and water bottles. I rushed and pushed them out the door, got them into the elevator, and walking the stretch to the parking garage. Torrey full of enthusiasm, Kristen complaining, Joelie silently chuckling, and Madeline-who was also in on it- trying to stay quiet, claiming she was afraid to blow it. As for the sixth roommate, Madison, she slept through all of this.

We reached the car, fastened our seat belts, and actually started the usual road trip playlist, but it was not until we pulled out of the parking garage that I saw the thrill drain from Torrey’s face and she looked at Kristen, now overwhelmed. I could tell they were both regretting getting in the car but I was thriving off of it. After a song or two I turned in my seat to them, I wanted a sly way to bring up the joke, I could tell Joelie was getting tired and now we had finally reached the interstate. “This is roommate bonding, let’s all tell a secret or something!” Some ideas were thrown back and forth, after a minute or two I took control again. “Ok I have one, but you have to promise y’all will not get mad at me.” They exchanged glances, slightly concerned but promised they would never. “Ok here goes nothing, we… are not going to the Grand Canyon.”

The confusion sunk in. “Where are we going?” Kristen asked even more panicky before, like she was in a giant trap. Joelie piped up from the front seat, “We are going home.” Kristen shrieked with excitement way louder than I ever expected and Torrey sighed with relief. We definitely got them good. All of this accomplished at two o’clock in the morning. At least I know from this they will always be down for anything and everything and this is why they are my best friends. Now it is just a matter of time before they try and get me back. Bring it on ladies. The end.