Practice What You Preach

Practice What You Preach

Before you tell others what to do, check yourself.

177
Practice What You Preach
Becca Steele

Writing gives us the power to unleash our voices and share our ideas on any topic that comes to mind. That being said one thing I find important is that whatever you say others "should be doing" see if it is something you do yourself.

I'm sure we are all familiar with the phrase practice what you preach, in a nutshell, it just means don't be a hypocrite.

These days it is so easy to put out on the internet and social media that we are doing all these fabulous things in our lives and no one has to hold us accountable for doing them.

Which is a fun double-edged sword because on one hand, you can reinvent yourself but on the other hand, you can create a false identity. We see these bloggers and our friends posting pictures and posing in certain ways portraying their lives as one way when some of them, in fact, live a different way.

This goes beyond social media in general, we all know people who most certainly do not practice what they preach thus creating a world of ingenuity.

We all have our moments when we slip and don't do as we say we do. There are times we gossip and times we hurt feelings but when we try to be supportive of others but when your slip ups become a bad habit that's when it becomes a problem.

That's when you become a hypocrite. If you're not gonna support people being themselves or choosing a different path then don't preach at others that they should.

People will not always remember what you say but they will remember what you did and how you made them feel. Do what you say you're going to do, if you're gonna talk the talk then honey be prepared to walk the walk as well.

This sounds cliche but the older I get the easier it is to spot the preachers from the practicers and it's also easier to spot when I am doing that myself.

I understand that in this article I am preaching about preaching but it's something that has been heavy on my heart. I keep seeing preachers who are not practicers.