Perfect Acts of Love To Do For Your Partner, According To Their Love Language

Perfect Acts Of Love To Do For Your Partner, According To Their Love Language

Learning your partner's love language = learning how to love them in the best way possible

42

If you haven't heard about it already, the 5 Love Languages is a personality assessment that helps determine your primary love language—words of affirmation, acts of service, giving/receiving gifts, quality time or physical touch. It also ranks the five languages in order based on the most important and least important in your love life. Not sure what yours, or your partner's, is? Take the assessment here.

One of the biggest benefits of learning your love language is a better understanding of not only yourself but how to love your partner in the best way possible. We often choose to express love to others in the way that we would like to receive it, but seldom bear in mind that sometimes, our partners may have other preferences. They might have a love language totally different from yours, and that is perfectly OK! By understanding their love language, there are plenty of kind acts you can do for them that will make them feel loved in a way that really speaks to them.

Words of Affirmation

1. Write them a letter

2. Surprise them with a phone call

3. If they don't pick up, leave them a sweet voicemail

4. Send them a nice good morning text

5. Give them a pep talk when they need it

Acts of Service

1. Cook them a meal

2. Help them cross tasks/errands off their to-do list

3. Open the door for them, pull out their chair

4. If you live together, help out with chores, groceries, etc.

5. Ask your partner what they need help with

Receiving Gifts

1. Buy them flowers or something sentimental

2. Surprise them with a little gift for no reason

3. Deliver their coffee order

4. Put together a music playlist of songs that remind you of them

5. Show your appreciation if they give YOU a gift

Quality Time

1. Plan a fun night out together

2. Put your phone away and give them your full attention

3. Take them to see a concert, play or show that you both like

4. Make a night-in together something fun

5. Have a deep talk

Physical Touch

1. Hold their hand in public

2. Give them a massage after a long day

3. Cuddle up and watch a movie

4. Play with their hair

5. Hugs, kisses, etc...