"Power" Vs. "Empire"

"Power" Vs. "Empire"

It takes POWER to build an EMPIRE!

805
"Power" Vs. "Empire"

Why is it so hard to have peace amid success? "Empire" and "Power," both successful series with devoted fan bases. Yet, from the debut of their pilot episodes, it's been a constant battle of who is better. The executive director of "Power," 50 Cent (who also acts in the series), might as well have called the fashion police on the charges of "b*tch stole my look" because he believes "Empire" made its success off of him. As expected, the accomplished rapper and businessman took to social media with his frustrations. We all know, it is nothing new for 50 to antagonize "beef."

He also did radio interviews discussing the matter. One with Big Boy in 92.3's studio and one with other cast members of "Power" on the Angie Martinez Show on Power 105.1.

What did the cast of "Empire" have to say back?

With all the hype surrounding the last few episodes of "Power," I decided that it was finally time that I found a way to sit down and watch "Power" so that I could compare the two myself.

After hustling around to find TV-streaming sites and friends with Starz OnDemand, I think there is no comparison! The shows are completely different, while both good in their own rights. If you ask me, 50 wanted to draw attention to his show to get the audience that "Empire" captured. He was correct to say "Empire" and "Power" grabbed the same market. However, his show had no market. "Power" is aired on a premium channel that not many young adults like myself have access to. As a college student, all I can afford to pay for is basic cable—not to mention I know several students that don't pay for cable at all. Empire is on FOX, a station easy to access even if you're not the one paying for the cable , but that's not my business!

I have a love for both shows. Each story has me at the edge on my seat in anticipation. I'm excited for the finale of the second season of "Power" on Friday and for the second season of "Empire" to air in September. If you haven't watched the trailer for "Empire" yet, take a look and tell me what you think.