Power In Weaknesses

Power In Weaknesses

2 Corinthians 12:9- "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

11
Power In Weaknesses
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/06/24/63633940673671230338231749_helping-climb.jpg

To begin with, I was watching Sadie Robertson's YouTube channel and she said something that stuck out to me. She was talking about how our weaknesses are made perfect in God. So, that led me into searching for the verse, well I found it, it didn't take long for all these thoughts to just come pouring out. I first posted them on Facebook and figured this would be a great article opportunity. I just want myself and others to feel great about the person they are. We shouldn't look down upon our weakness because God's power is made perfect in them.

2 Corinthians 12:9- "But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

I was born with cleft palate and a rare liver disorder (MCAD) though we didn't find out til I was 15 months old. Because of my cleft palate, I've had speech problems and an undeveloped jaw which is leading to jaw surgery. I've had 2 cleft repairs. Also because of the mcad and not knowing, when I got a virus I became extremely sick and ended up in a coma for almost a week. I've had a double hernia repair. I have slight ear loss and have had tubes put in my ears multiple times. I even need glasses/contacts to see far away. Some of these have caused people to make fun of me and mock me. Those people showed me how I never want to be to others and how I never want to make someone feel.

These could be seen as a weakness but because of God, I'm able to see them as ways to boast about Him because He brought me through them. He even brought me through a wreck with just a sprained thumb and a few scratches.

To me, I love my weaknesses because they're who I am, they're my story and no one has one like it. My weaknesses aren't weaknesses they are motivators, they have taught me strength and perseverance. Never give up no matter how hard the fight because God is always right behind pushing you one step closer. Because of Him, our weaknesses aren't just something we have to deal with, they are perfect because they show His mighty work!