When Potterheads Ask, J. K. Rowling Delivers

The queen has something up her sleeve once again, and it's KILLING ME!

3

If you were anywhere near a mobile or computer device on Wednesday, June 17, 2016, then you know that something incredible is about to go down on Pottermore. The queen of the Wizarding World, who shaped a whole generation of millennials with the incredible phenomenon that is Harry Potter, J. K. Rowling announced she's writing and soon releasing three new books that explore even further, the Harry Potter universe!

What are these three books, you ask? Well, I'm about to tell you ALL ABOUT THEM! As if The Cursed Child Parts I and II weren't enough to fill that Potter void you developed after the last movie was released, trust me these books weighing at a whopping $3 each will be well worth the wait. I mean, look at the book covers! Excited, yet?

Power, Politics And Pesky Poltergeists

This book dives deeper into the so-called "ruthless roots" of the despicable Professor Dolores Umbridge. (I'm sure there's a reason she's so nasty, but even with a sob back-story you can never sway my opinions from her actions in "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" and beyond. The parallel of her disgust against centaurs and what is happening in today's world with racism and prejudice is very eye-opening.) The relationship between Professor Horace Slughorn and Voldemort when he was a student at Hogwarts is also touched upon, so think "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" meets "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" times a thousand! This book will also include a little history behind the feared and mysterious Azkaban prison, which I'm sure I actually know nothing about. Embarrassingly enough the only memories I think I have about reading about Azkaban prison is actually the information I've read in fan-fictions from Jr. High, so when it comes to Azkaban, I can't trust myself in talking about it to any point. If you love the doom and gloom of the Wizarding World, then get pumped for this book because I'm sure Rowling delivers the aforementioned and possibly even more!

Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies

This book highlights the background and profiles of Professor Minerva McGonagall and the fearless Remus Lupin (may he rest in peace, along with Nymphadora "Tonks"). Two of the most heroic characters in the Potter series will finally get an extended version of their own histories, and I think I can speak for all of us when I say OH MY GOD I LOVE THEM I CAN'T WAIT!

Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide

I'm sure most of this title is thanks to the ever-changing, ever life-saving Room of Requirement. But Hogwarts is such a vast and mysterious organism that even writing a short book on it surely cannot cover half of what is inside of that school. This book is aimed to focus on the secrets that hide behind the walls of the infamous wizarding school, and is a great addition to this awesome line-up!

For the rest of my life there will not be a week that I do not think about Harry Potter, and I'm not even mad. This series was the adventure that I yearned for growing up, and it helped me process different emotions and it taught me how to love people who were different from myself. Thank to J.K. Rowling and the trio, I wouldn't be the weird and adventurous young adult that I've turned out to be today!