what is post-concert depression

Post-Concert Depression Is Still Real In This Fangirl's Heart, Even Over 10 Years After My First Concert

From Hilary Duff to Harry Styles and all the concerts in between.

47
girl holding hands in heart shape at concert

You hear people say they have post concert depression after a really good concert, but you really can't think it's a real thing. Well, for anyone who has ever been to a concert that makes you rewatch your snap story over and over, hoping that if you watch it enough it will never go away, it's safe to say post-concert depression is definitely real. There are so many things about concerts that can make you feel like you're having the time of your life. Something else about concerts is they give you the best memories. I mean who doesn't love being only a couple feet away from someone you forgot was actually just a regular human just like you.

I remember my first concert so well and still look back on the memories I made from it. My very first concert was Hilary Duff, truly the most iconic Disney Star. My sister had gotten the tickets for her birthday so myself and my cousin went with her. Of course, we all were probably only 6-8 years old, so my dad took us. I remember we all got matching outfits to wear and got our hair done at Libby Lu. This concert was so memorable I think because it was my first concert (it was Hilary Duff) but also mid-concert a speaker caught on fire. Yeah, that was the interesting part of the concert, the good part is though everyone was okay and no one got hurt and Hilary Duff continued the show like nothing happened. Of course, at the end of the show I had to get a souvenir, I ended up coming home with a Hilary Duff poster I had hanging in my room for a long time after that concert.

After I experienced my first concert I started going to a lot more concerts, I even got to go to the American Idol Top 12 tour and meet Jordan Sparks. The American Idol tour was one of the first VIP experience I had where you got to go back and meet the Top 12 performers and get their autographs. It's pretty cool to look back on now because most singers don't really do that anymore. Also, I got to go with my friends and we were all really big American Idol fans when it was in its prime.

Then, my same friend who I went to the American Idol concert with got box seats for the Taylor Swift Red Tour. The concert itself was amazing because Taylor Swift is such an incredible performer, but also getting to sit in the box seat was awesome. You had food and everything just catered to you which really did make you feel like a celebrity. Also, Ed Sheeran was her opening act, which I had no idea who he was when I went to this concert. Now, he's big in the singing world and I think it is a fun fact to say that you saw someone perform before they were even popular yet.

One concert that I can easily remember like it was yesterday was the One Direction Where We Are Tour at the Georgia Dome. That was one of the best and I mean best concerts of my life. I won't even be afraid to admit that I did get teary eyed when One Direction came out on stage. Also, I'll admit that I was a Harry Styles fan so anytime he came close to our side of the stage I freaked out. Our seats for this concert were incredible, we were so close to the stage it felt like One Direction was only steps away from us. However, there was something that was more special about this concert then the fact I got to see One Direction live and fangirl like no one was watching. 5 Seconds of Summer was their opening act and before I went to the concert I listened to some of their songs and was instantly a fan. So I fangirled over them too and might have gotten teary eyed also, but it was two concerts in one how much better can that get?! Not only was this the best concert I have been to, but it was also the last One Direction concert before they all went solo.

It's safe to say I fell in love with 5 Seconds of Summer music and the band itself because the minute they had their first tour dates set I was there buying a ticket. This was a memorable concert too because I got their album on an actually CD and listened to it that whole summer. I wanted to be able to sing along to every one of their songs, I couldn't believe I was actually seeing them in concert. Once again I was amazed that they were actual humans just like me, but that they were just famous. The next year they came out with another album and I was again already buying tickets for their concert. I got the tickets and went with a few of my friends. I remember getting to hear some of my favorite songs sung live and it was the best thing that could happen to me.

Finally, the most recent concert I have been to was Harry Styles and it was amazing. I mean don't get me wrong I do miss One Direction and will forever be hoping for a reunion tour. However, I loved seeing Harry on tour by himself and during the whole concert, I couldn't stop smiling, singing along to the songs, and getting teary-eyed. What made the concert even better was he even sang some One Direction songs, I mean how could you not get teary-eyed over that? As always during all the concerts I've been to I still couldn't believe he was a real person standing only a couple steps away from me. By the end of the night, I didn't even have words to describe how happy I was.